Friends? Or More like... Best Friends?

2 months after our breakup, Chris started talking to me again. It was already summer vacation, and it was nice to have him talking to me again.

I heard he got a new girlfriend - a girl outside our school, a girl that was a beauty queen as people called her. Her name was Eva as I remember.

Ring ring... ring ring...

I hurried and picked up my phone "hello?", "Jesse, it's Chris". "Oh hey...", "Hey, nice to hear your voice again". "Yeah... nice to hear your voice again too". I didn't really know what to say. "Umm listen... I know we have passed through hard times, but I don't wanna lose you..." his voice was so sweet as he said that. "I don't want to lose you either... friends?" "How about best friends?" "That's great with me!" "Amazing, see you around Jesse". Then he hung up.

I got very satisfied with that phone call, but it was sad I couldn't see him, damn you summer holiday, do you really have to start now? I want to see that smile. Those eyes. That face. I just wanted to see him so bad, I realised I wasn't really over him, but I didn't want to tell him because I was afraid it would affect our friendship.

One day I went on a date with Liam, and found Chris and Eva there. "What a coincidence! Eva, this is Jesse, a good friend of mine." "Nice to meet you" she said with a smile. Geez that girl is really beautiful she had light brown hair with tanned skin, thin body, and green eyes. "Nice to meet you too" I replied.

Liam and Chris knew each other from school, so they said hi then we headed towards our table.

That night I felt something really strange, and I didn't know what happened to me. Right after we finished the date I broke up with Liam and ran home leaving him standing on the door of the restaurant.

I don't understand why I did that, but I just did.

When I told Katy she said I probably wasn't over Chris and that's the reason.