No City for the Summer

*Bella's POV*

      I love nature so it kinda sucks that I live I'm a big city. I've always loved taking trips to the zoo or going to national parks throughout the U.S. or going on camping trips. However, my family only does those things on rare occasions but this year I'm going to spend the summer at a summer camp! I was so excited!

      My dad walked into the kitchen of our apartment where I was grabbing a few snacks for the trip. He walked over to the counter and leaned on it.

      "Hey pumpkin," he said lovingly , "ready to go?

      " Why wouldn't I be, " I answered smiling.

     He helped me take my stuff to the truck. We got in and he drove me to the bus stop. We listened to music all the way there.

     I was going to miss my dad's loving smile. He was always there for me. However, no matter how much he smiled, he couldn't hide the sadness in his eyes. It had been there ever since my parents got divorced.

      I wish it never happened. I was only 8 so it was 6 years ago but I still have never gotten over it, neither has my dad.

      My mom moved on but doesn't know what she got herself into. She doesn't even understand what she left behind. I still get to see her but it's her boyfriend that's the problem. He doesn't care about the environment or anyone. Plus he has absolutely no respect for women.

     However, I hoped I wouldn't have to think about that at camp. Dad dropped me off at the bus stop and embraced me in a hug.

     The bus showed up not to long after that and the everyone got on. I didn't have time to find my friend Cole who was coming as well but I figured I'd meet up with him on the bus. I did and we sat next to each other. I was ready for whatever would happen this summer, at least I thought I was.

     I hope you like it so far! I don't have much to say right now but I'm working on the next chapter. Bye!