Ch.12| A Lost Lead

Allison's View

"AHHHHHH!"

I covered my ears with my hands as Ed screamed bloody murder, at the rubble at our feet. The whole library, the one with all Dr. Marcoh's research is destroyed to pieces. My eyes narrowed, it was impossible this was just a mere coincidence. Someone must have known we were coming here and for what. Otherwise none of this would be here, the library would still be standing with all the information we needed on the philosopher's stone.

"All Dr. Marcoh's research...! It's all gone!" Ed screamed, falling to is knees.

I walked over to Ed, that side of me that has been taking over me for a while now came out again. "Fullmetal, get up. We don't have time to be wasting, if you want to get your hands on the philosopher stone then let's go to Mustang." I offered, in a strong, commanding like voice.

He sighed, "I know we don't, Ali, Rose, whoever you are now. Let me just look around a bit, there could be some books or papers that survived." He said.

I sighed, placing my hands on my hips. "Fine. Hurry and go search the debris." I said.

Ed immediately ran over to the burnt ashes of the books, he searched and searched. In the end, nothing was found, not one book or paper made it.

"There's nothing left here but ashes. Everything's gone." Ed stated, ashes passing through his gloved hands.

"Major Armstrong, Lieutenant Rose!"

I turned around, as did Ed and Armstrong.

"Oh, second lieutenant Ross and sergeant Brosh." Armstong shouted. "To what do we owe this pleasure?"

"Both you and lieutenant Rose have been ordered to report back to Central, sir." Ross said.

"We'll be taking over supervision of Edward Elric and his brother, effective immediately." Brosh said.

"Very well. He's yours." Armstrong said.

"What is this?!" Ed yelled, making me look over at him in confusion. "Just when I think we're home free, they saddle me with more bodyguards! This is getting old!"

I giggled, "Hey, big brother, orders are orders. Plus, I happen to be higher than you, so you have to listen." I smirked.

"Yeah, yeah, be quiet. I'm still older than you though, so I wouldn't be talking.." He mumbled.

I laughed, "Okay, brother. Well, Major and me are going to head out. Stay safe." I told him, and then faced both Lt. Ross and Brosh. "And you two. Make sure neither of them get into any trouble, I trust that both of you will take good care of them."

They saluted. "Yes, Lt. Rose! We both promise you that they will be in good hands for the next few days!" They shouted.

I nodded and saluted back at them, "Good. I'll be off now." I said, "Major."

"Right behind you." He replied.

We walked on ahead together heading to Central, more specifically, Roy's office. I pushed the doors open to the central building and headed straight for Roy's office on the upper floor. There was this feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was like it didn't want me to head to his office. Something bad must've happened while we were gone. I looked up at his door, which appeared in my face so suddenly. It looks like I ran up here quickly. Major knocked on the door.

"Come in." Roy said.

Major opened the doors and walked in, with me following right behind. Roy was sitting in his desk with a rough look on his face, right then I knew he had bad news for us both.