Chapter 17

Sorry for the long wait, but this chapter was a bitch to write and it's slightly longer than the others. As always, please tell me your opinions and what you think will happen because I love hearing your thoughts on this! Anyway, enjoy this new chapter of your daisy.

Thank you for reading!

-

The tiny daisy lost all of its faint yellow petals three days after the outing at the garden.

Taylor watched all of them slowly fall on the wooden table of the library with a defeated gaze. When the last one died, the blonde dropped her head and stifled a sorrowful cry. She held the stem in her right hand, her fingers trembling as she tried to hold back the burning tears threatening her eyes. Her knees were still a little bit scraped, and every time she saw them under the skirt of her uniform, she was reminded of that painful night; the one where Karlie had left her. Ever since that moment, her dreams were filled with nightmares, repeating what had happened with the brunette inside of that small dimly lit chapel. She always woke up with sweat on her forehead, a running heart, and an unbearable ache pulling at her chest. She ended up crying most of the times, and every time she went back to sleep, she wondered; when will all of this end? She couldn't keep on crying the loss of her greatest love. The dark lines underneath her eyes showed everyone just how much she's been struggling, fighting at night the demons that haunted her during the day.

When it was all too much to bare, Taylor stood up, clutching her books close to her chest while leaving the flower on top of the table. The pupil that sat a few feet away from her looked up at her, but Taylor didn't mind her as she made a beeline for the exit. She felt herself falling, as if the ground made of cobblestone was deteriorating right beneath her feet. With her breath ragged and shallow, she reached the high double doors made of wood and forcefully opened them. However, luck wasn't by her side, as she basically stumbled upon someone and crashed onto them. Her books slipped away from her trembling hands, and when she looked up, she wasn't sure if she had been transported to heaven or hell. The angelic green eyes gazing at her couldn't be related to the sinful sounds that the mouth below them had emitted just a few months prior.

Neither of them uttered a word, as Karlie knelt to the ground and picked up the books, immediately handing them to the unmoving blonde. Seeing her after all this time, made Taylor want to jump right into her arms, but she didn't. Instead, she lowered her head, hating the dryness of her throat and the ocean that wanted to spill over her blue eyes. Without saying anything — although she wanted to say so many things to Karlie — she walked past the brunette.

And, as soon as no one was around, Taylor run towards the church, unaware of the fact that Karlie had found the withered daisy on the table the blonde was sitting at just a few minutes prior.

"Life is too short to live it in the darkness."

The voice echoed. Taylor stood in the middle of the street, the ones around her empty. Looking up, she saw the walls surrounding the boarding school and the night sky dotted with stars. Why was she outside? Shouldn't she be in her dorm, possibly sleeping? The blonde weakly took a step forward, the wind hissing as it brushed against her ear. It was impossibly unsettling, how all of the city was calm. She heard the distant and muffled sound of steps, but when she turned towards the source, there was no one following her. She was alone. And incredibly frightened.

Taylor hugged herself, wrapping her arms around her shoulders and trembling both from the cold and fear. She walked along the boarding school, feeling incredibly out of place, before the sound of the steps increased until it was right behind her. The blonde heard the noise of a muffled voice, before her body fell on the ground. She grazed her knees, the fabric of her kirtle ruined due to the gravel of the street. When Taylor turned, she was face to face with a tall and sturdy man, who gazed down at her, his face covered with a black veil. Only his dark eyes were visible, and only when he raised his arms, did Taylor notice the axe that he was holding.