Chapter Three

Before you read this chapter I just wanna say don't hate me for what's about to come... okay enjoy :)
-Jem
_________________________________

"Hey. Are you alright?" Alec asked, worriedly looking at Magnus. "You're just standing there. I can see Cat and Ragnor and I think they can see us too."

"Right." Is all Magnus could muster out after the initial shock had worn off.

Alec grabbed Magnus' hand and pulled him inside. "Come on. Let's have some fun."
_________________________________

While Alec and Ragnor played a game of pool, which Ragnor was expertly failing at, Magnus and Cat were having a conversation of their own.

"Why did you you choose this place, Cat?" Magnus hasn't been to The Hunter's Moon in a while. All because of the one person he ever truly loved. His ex boyfriend, Charles.

Magnus and Charles had dated 6 months ago and about 2 months in, Magnus had caught Charles hooking up with multiple people from the bar. And man, had Magnus been furious. At first.

Magnus had kicked Charles out and completely erased him from his life. He hadn't been surprised in all honesty. Things had moved kind of fast it had been obvious that Charles wasn't a 'one soul at a time' kind of guy.

Magnus had been so mad! But Charles had been insist ant, if nothing else. Charles had rang, leaving voicemails and texted so many times, explaining that it was all a misunderstanding.

Magnus had agreed to meet, just to try and put Charles behind him. They had had dinner at Charles' place, against Magnus' better judgement, and Magnus had seen that it had indeed been a misunderstanding. Charles loved him.

And then, Charles had cut all ties with him, just as Magnus had agreed to give them another chance.

Ever since then, Magnus had sworn off love, and dating any man or woman. None if them were Charles and he didn't want to go through that pain, again.

Magnus snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a familiar voice.

"Magnus?" Charles. He looks so good, Magnus thought. As though no time had passed at all.

"Cat and Ragnor too! The whole gang, plus an extra boy toy!"

"Alec is not a boy toy, thank you very much!" Cat perked up and stated "He's a friend from work."

"Friend is a bit of an overstatement," Magnus mumbled to himself.

"Well, I'm always looking for new friends," Charles said with a wink. "Here's my number." He handed Alec a piece of paper with his number on it.

Magnus stared at the peice if paper, now clutched in Alec's hand, trying to pretend like the scrap didn't break his heart. Charles doesn't mean it, it's a joke! He thought to himself, his eyes following Charles across the room. Before darting back to the paper Alec was holding.

"202-555-0119? Huh? He's changed his number," Magnus said. That would explain why Charles hadn't been answering his texts, the number must be disconnected.

So he isn't ignoring me, Magnus thought, fresh hope blooming in his chest.

"Wait, how do you guys know him?" Alec asked curiously.

"Not important," Magnus answered quikly, choosing not to tell Alec that Charles was the love if his life.

"He's one of Magnus' ex's," Cat said, doing nothing to hide her disdain, sharing a look with Ragnor.

"He doesn't need to know that, Cat!"

"He asked, I answered, okay?"

"What happened?" Alec asked, more curious at why Magnus was trying to hide it.

"Long story short, Magnus and Charles, the fellow who just gave you his number, dated for a couple of months before Magnus caught him cheating on him with pretty much everyone in New York-"

"CAT! TMI!" Magnus shouted, cutting her off.

"Wow, that sucks." Alec said lightly.

"Yeah, whatever. I don't need your sympathy," Magnus snarled. Trying not to think of the pain that was ripping through his stomach. He knew that deep down, Charles still loved him. He wasn't prepared to let Alec see that though.

"It doesn't matter, I never really loved him anyway," Magnus said, hating himself for the lie that came out so easily. Throwing his drink back, he turned to Alec with a nanchalent shrug. "You're welcome to him."

Yeah, and I don't need you being such a dick to me all of the time, Alec thought to himself.
_________________________________

The gang had had multiple drinks and many games of pool before they decided to head home.

Ragnor and Cat got a taxi together, Magnus decided to walk home since he only lived a few blocks away and Alec got a taxi by himself.

On the way home, Alec reached into his pocket and grabbed the number Charles had given him. He was tempted to text him. I shouldn't. He's Magnus' ex... But do I really care what he thinks? I've tried and tried to be friends with him and he just blocks me. Plus, I wouldn't mind having a new 'friend'... Alec debated with himself all the way home.

Once he got back he sat on his bed and pulled out his phone.

"Charles? Hey. It's Alec..."