chapter 29

A ferocious wind whipped me around like a broken kite. I was in the middle of a barren desert, the sand bit into me like an army of angry ants.

I couldn't see a thing.

It felt like I had a blindfold over my eyes and that my hands were tied behind my back.

I've never been here before.
Suddenly the wind ceased, and I was tossed into the air by some unknown force.

Then I was in a pristine white room, cuffed to a metal chair and dressed in tattered beige garments. In front of me stood Shumi, the girl who I saw as a younger sister, her snow-white hair was now short, and she wore a prison guard uniform. In her one hand was a carving knife and in the other, a fabric doll with brown button eyes and purple yarn for hair. 

Her form was constantly shifting from her five year old self to the one I had seen in the faded wanted poster.

Then the 'fun' began.

She wrenched the knife into my arm, causing me to yelp in pain, and ripped then it out with unexpected force. Her grin was brutal. She clutched the doll even tighter as a metal baseball-bat materialized out of thin air.

She continuously beat me with the bat until a substantial amount of blood was drawn, the entire time she was crying out in frustration and screaming insults at me that hurt even more than the bat.

Why did you leave me?

You could've saved me!
Do you not care?!
Why?
Why !
WHY!!! DID YOU LEAVE!

•~•

I woke up drenched in sweat and on the floor panting as if I had run a marathon. My eyes dart around frantically, barely registering my surroundings.

'In my room, no sign of danger.'

I sighed in relief and decided to not even try to go back to sleep as it would be a pointless effort. School had closed for the holidays last week and I had spent most of my time with Prism and the League, training mostly and watching the news and media.

There had been multiple riots as of late, which had been glossed over by the newspapers and reporters but many independent journalists and bloggers talked about them, which was good. The public was now concerned. 

I made my bed robotically and then sat down at my desk but before I could write about what had happened in my dream, my stomach growled very loudly and I needed to make my way down to the kitchen to get some food.
There was absolute silence as I made my way down the wooden stairs, which makes sense as the sun hasn't even woken up yet. I passed through the shadowy, morbid halls that were lined with ancient weapons and shields. When I was in the kitchen I poked around in the cabinets for bit before deciding to make French toast with extra syrup and maybe some chocolate spread...and marshmallows and strawberries. Sue me, I have a sweet tooth. 

I sat down at the kitchen-table with my sugary goodness of a breakfast and a healthy cup of coffee.

'Today is the day. The day I go off to the training camp and the final steps are acted out.' I remind myself, trying not be nervous. 

I skimmed through the reports of the League's activity, All For One was the mastermind behind our operations, Lucifer the charming spider and me, I did the paperwork. I give the League missions and check up on them. You see I can't have Toga or Shigaraki bored,  that just ends messily. So I give them a weekly assignment, rather basic things. I asked Mustard to set up a website that spread our ideals and the news, that's how Stain's message got spread around; no matter how much I detest the guy he had a reasonable drive. I also give them recruitment and training missions, giving them Heroes' dirty secrets to expose, finding more manpower and so on.