|•Prologue•|

。*:・゚|3rd Person POV|゚・:*。

          "Come on, Soph, you can't just forget about them!" Jamie persisted his younger sister as she poured herself a bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

Sophie rolled her green eyes and inwardly prepared herself for her brothers ranting once again. This was the conversation she's had with her brother numerous times before, and it never seemed to end. It was a bright and sunny Saturday morning, and Jamie was once again trying to convince her sister to believe in the existence of the Guardians who he strongly claimed were real. Sophie, however, didn't believe in them.

"You believe in mythical beings like elves and fairies, yet you don't believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy!" he exclaimed in disbelief.

What Jamie said was true. Despite being 17, Sophie had always believed in mythological creatures, legends, and fairytale's that people her age wouldn't normally believe in. Even though she was older now and more mature, she still was a very curious, happy, energetic girl with a passion for anything magical. She still even had an obsession with Disney like she did when she was younger.

"Yeah, but there isn't any toy workshops in the North Pole that has elves creating toys for kids, Jamie. Neither is there a human sized fairy that collects the teeth from children." she continued, "and neither is there a six foot bunny who talks in an accent and can create holes in the ground."

"Yes, there is! The Easter Bunny was your best friend!" his voice was raised slightly. Since he sat opposite of her, he stood up and he leaned over the table for emphasis. Sophie only quirked a finely shaped brow at her brother and poured some fresh cold milk into her cereal.

"I don't think so." she said, placing the carton of milk down onto the table and began eating at her cereal with a spoon.

"I don't understand why you stopped believing. You know that the others believe in them as well, right?" he inquired.

"I am aware, and they are all crazy like you." she joked, smirking playfully at her older brother. A disappointed and sad frown tugged at the corners of his mouth.

"They believe in the Guardians, so why don't you?" he questioned in a saddened and confused tone.

"Because I have no actual memory of seeing or being around a Guardian?" Sophie replied.

"You spent a lot of time with the Guardians, especially the Easter Bunny! You have to remember!" he persisted.

Sophie thought that it was some sort of joke at first that her brother and friends were pulling. They've been trying to convince her of the Guardians' existences ever since she was six-years-old. It wasn't everyday it was brought up- only around the holidays. And with Easter being just a week away, he had been trying to tell her that the Easter Bunny was real a lot recently.

By now, she was doubting her own logic herself. If it was some sort of joke, why would they keep it going for this long? Jamie was 21, and the rest of their friends are all 20-22. And they were all childish in a way. Like Sophie, they were all energetic, bright people that had a love for things usually considered for children. She almost wanted to believe her older brother, but she thought he was just telling her lies. Maybe he and his friends were delusional, she thought to herself.

"Alright, fine. I'm sure I'll remember back to the days I was friends with the Easter Bunny, Jamie." she responded, and tried not to sound sarcastic for her brothers sake.

Why was he so pressed to make her believe in fictional beings? Sure, she believed in pixies, fairies, mermaids, ghosts, nymphs, spirts, dragons, vampires and such, but that's because there was actual proof of the existence of those creatures. She didn't believe in the Guardians simply because there wasn't enough proof. The only proof for their existence would be a children claiming to have seen a Guardian in their own home. And to Sophie, that wasn't enough proof to make her have a spark of belief.