Epilogue

UNEDITED

Two months.

I spent two months with Ainsley, holed up in our dorm room at UCLA, before college even started, because we just wanted to get away. We weren't exactly sad anymore, I mean of course we were, it's just that it didn't show as much.

We decorated it with pictures on the walls, and even a British Flag (that Jordan said we had to have) that resided in between our beds. 

To Ainsley, it was a reminder of Jordan, but to me it was a reminder of Axel, whom I had successfully avoided on all morning talk shows and afternoon gossip sites after we agreed that it wouldn't work out long distance.

Wesley was somewhere, we never asked where he was going. I just hoped he was falling in love with a girl that deserved him.

Jordan and Duncan were happier than ever, and they even got a dog, a small Jack Russel terrier named Sparky.

I shit you not.

"Jordan! How've you been?" I said into the phone, putting it on speaker so Ainsley could be included in the conversation.

"Good." She said hesitantly. I've got something to tell you guys..."

"If you're pregnant we'll fly over there and kick the shit out of Duncan," Ainsley warned. "Just letting you know."

Jordan's laugh filled the line, and I smiled, because she sounded happy. "No! No, it's not that."

Ainsley and I sighed in relief. "So what is it?" I pestered eagerly.

"WE GOT A DOG!" She yelled into the phone.

AInsley and I cheered with her, excited for her because it meant they were going somewhere with their relationship (right?).

"What'd you name it?" Ainsley asked.

"That's the thing. Arlee, cover your ears."

"They're covered," I told her, not making a move to cover them.

"Yeah, I don't believe you." Jordan said, and I could imagine her smirking.

"Jordan!" I whined, "just tell me!"

"Fine. Axel wanted to name it Sparky."

"You've seen Axel?" I asked her in a small voice.

She sighed. "Yeah, he looked like shit."

Ainsley snorted, "Harley looks like shit right now too."

"Do not!" I protested loudly, looking down at my clothes. "It's cold!"

Ainsley rolled her eyes at my sweatpants and sweatshirt and Jordan snickered. "Well, we named the dog Sparky."

"What?"

"That's it's name. She's so cute, guys! I'm sending pictures over now."

We exited out of the call to see them, and I wasn't surprised to see multiple pictures of a cute little black and white dog, with a big spot on his eye. "Should've named her Spot," I muttered.

Ainsley cooed as she saw the picture. "Can we get a dog too?"

"Get a boyfriend first," I told her jokingly.

Her face heated up at the mention. My eyes widened, "Ainsley!"

She held her hands up in surrender, "I was walking around the campus yesterday when you were sleeping, and met a guy, so we went to the diner and exchanged numbers."