4

Chapter 4: Sirens and Feasts

[AN: Also, i'd like to make clear that while some content in this chapter may give you this idea, this won't be any kind of mpreg fic. Cause I don't want it to be and it would completely derail the story and no. I'm taking liberties with mermaid anatomy because I can and yes. There is talk of sexual things. I mean, its talk about menfolk mating but I'm basing myself of fish (the kind that do live breeding) and it's kinda kinda similar to human's. So, I hope you don't think it too uncomfortable, but it's kind of important later on. In a way. Like, you would be curious. But I don't plan to write a merrow/human sex scene. I feel that would be too...odd. But like, it's just a thing.]

"And then the mermaid gave the comb to the old man and told him to use it to call on her if he ever needed her again."

"And then?"

"The old man lived on, using his powers to heal people and to keep them safe. Eventually he died, and the comb was passed on to his children, and so on and on. The End." Paul finished.

John smiled, he was resting with his head on his arms, half his tail in the water, next to Paul, who was making drawings in the sand as he talked with the Merrow. "Nice story. But, Marrow cannot grant magic to humans."

Paul laughed, "So there's no magic down there?"

John surprised him, "Yes, there's." He copied Paul's words. For the last few days Paul had been telling stories to him that he read at the library, and John's english vocabulary was expanding.

Paul raised himself up on his elbows, "What, really?"

His friend nodded, "Yes." Seeing that Paul wanted to learn more, he continued, "Healers use magic, entertainers use magic. Other species have magic."

Paul leaned closer, "Other species? You mean there's more than just mermaids?"

John smiled at the human's enthusiasm, "Yes. Marine Men, Hippocampuses, Sea Horses, and other beasts. Not civilized like Marrow." He smiled, "Friend Stu marine man. Is Marine Man." He corrected himself. "Then there is sirens. But sirens is Merrow, Merrow not sirens."

"So not all merfolk are sirens?" Paul asked him.

John shook his head,"No, sirens rare, precious." He languidly swinged his tail, "King Triton covets Sirens. They his guards, for they strong magic."

Paul frowned, "Why are they so special?"

John changed positions, he was now facing upwards. "Sirens, they...is half human."

Paul shrugged, "Aren't you all?"

John sat upright and thought hard, trying to remember his lessons in history, he'd always been a poor student. "Merrow and Humans, we...have common ancestor." He said, "But we different species, yes?"

Paul nodded along.

"Siren is when Marrow and Human mate." John explained.

Paul gaped, "But, how? I mean..."

John tilted his head, "Why wrong?"

"Not wrong," Paul said, "Or I mean, how can humans and merfolk mate? It's not very...possible, is it?"

John tilted his head further and raised his tail, he showed the underside of it. He pointed to a previously unseen fin at the back of it. "This anal fin, it releases milt onto partner, fertilizing partner."

Paul moved his eyes away, that meant it was like looking at John's dick! Only beautiful. Damn, how queer he sounded. But then John's hand moved to an opening right above said fin and Paul decided to put a stop to it, "I don't need to know everything!" He raised a hand.