14

Chapter 14: Apollo Talks

George was getting tired of having to wake up in the middle of the night to harsh knocking on his door. The young lad opened the door with a groan and gasped.

Paul and John were standing there, both completely soaked. Paul was still wearing his sleep clothes but John, while still wearing Paul's coat, was covered in...a ship sail?

George stared at them, "Er, what the hell?"

Paul sighed, "It's a long story."

"You're all wet." Said George.

"You're all dry." Said John.

A friendly looking man appeared behind them, "Call the cecaelia down, would you?"

George frowned, "Who are you?"

Paul stepped into the house, "Hepius, son of Apollo." He said, "This is George Harrison."

George was silent for a few moments then shook his head, "I'm not even gonna try and figure that out." He headed upstairs to wake up Ringo, who slept in the bathtub. Unlike John, he did get his tentacles back in any water.

Once all four of them were in the living room, Hepius spoke, "Lay down, you must sleep for Apollo to speak with you."

The boys did as told. Ringo laid on the floor, with George discreetly laying down close to him with a cushion. John and Paul held each other in the couch, their hands intertwined. Soon, they were asleep.

And woke up in the same place, except Apollo was there.

George looked around, "This is a dream then?"

The handsome man nodded, "Indeed."

John gulped, "You said you were going to explain?"

Apollo looked at his son then sighed, "Yes. It's about time you learned the truth." He leaned forwards and asked, "Tell me, John. What do you know of your father?"

The others stared as John thought. The siren shrugged, "Nothing. He was a human that ran away when my mother got pregnant."

Apollo smiled a small smile, "Not quite." He took a breath, "Alfred Lennon, that was the name he took when he arrived to this city and the name he gave to your mother. Lennon after Lemnos, the place where he recovered his sight."

John tilted his head and the others frowned.

Apollo kept going, "Of course his real name was Orion, son of Poseidon and Euryale, a human. For hundreds of years he had been hunted by the Great Scorpion, set on him by Mother Earth. He had promised to kill all beasts and this displeased her." He smiled at John, "He ended up here and met a Merrow called Julliah, they fell in love. He did not share his nature with her, but then she was set to bear his child. A siren son of a Demigod." A dark look crossed his face, "But before he could reveal the truth the Great Scorpion found him, he ran to protect you and your mother but...he was found. And so the hunter was defeated and killed, left to the stars forevermore."