Chapter 5:

Another day, another dollar. But no dollar here, just agonizing and boring high school like always. I wake up, throw on whatever clothes I think will work for the day and get ready for school. Grabbing breakfast on the way out of the door, I drive to the school that's less than a mile from my house. Also less exciting then the darkness I see in my head every day.

The hours go by and I wonder how all my past friends have drifted off and I'm now left alone. I used to have a decent social life having a few friends here and there. But now some have graduated and some have terrible schedules that don't connect with mine at all but we still try to text. So here I am friendless. I mean the most friends I had was last semester in Astronomy class I had Tyler, and a band kid named Sailor who was pretty cool.

Astronomy was a good class, we had a few projects we made and were proud of. Mostly it was a stress relief from actual school. We would laugh make jokes and get homework done together. Me and Tyler really bonded and talked a lot during the class. Sailor was cool and a popular bank kid but he was gone for a lot of club field trips etc.

But that class was last semester and I am without good friends to see occasionally. Even during lunch I just sit with a family friend while she talks to her multitudes of homework. I just sit and either do homework or watch tv shows.

School ends and I walk to my locker as the last bell rings. I grab my stuff I need for homework tonight and I start to head to the staircase. At the end of the hallway though I see Tyler. He's tall and has very little hair but he covers it up by putting a sock hat on. It's about February so its cold out in this region. I begin walking to his locker. He continues to pack up his stuff but I get to him before he gets out his lunchbox. The only reason I walk his way in the first place is because I've been down and depressed about my lack of friends and people to talk to when I'm alone. I figure hes just like me. He's always sad and angry at the world and not the best mood. So maybe he'd understand me and we can help each other.

"Hey Tyler, how's it going?" I ask leaning against the bright yellow lockers next to his. "Eh, I've been better, you?" He asks as he turns and looks at me through his glasses. He was the epitome of a nerd, but we we've been friends before and I know hes a very depressed nerd who's got his own problems. "I've just been really depressed and I have nooo friends and got no one to talk to Tyler" I say with a little desperation in my voice with a little kid whining mixed in.

"Hey, I've got no friends either, you can always talk to me, I don't do much," my eyes lit up at the sound of this sentence coming out of his mouth. "Omg, omg, omg, omg, omg, thank youu, Ty! I'll text you tonight!," with that I patted Tyler's shoulder and left out the staircase door. Running to my truck, skipping along knowing I may have a renewed friend.

----------------------

It's now later, I've eaten dinner, avoided my parents, and done my homework for the night. What's left is to sulk in my own darkness and look through depressing and psychotic tumblr posts. But then an idea pops into my head. I could text Tyler Cure himself. I whip out my phone from beside me on my bed and open messages and send a simple text.

Hello - I text to him

hi - he replies a few minutes later

How is you?

ehh alright, how bout you?

I'm decent, laying in my own despair

What's wrong?

My brain, that's what

Tell me about it, what's wrong

I'm bored and I'm depressed amongst many other unspoken things