6 ∘ The Weight of Us

chapter six

chapter six.
❝ 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴,
𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱. ❞

∘◦ ❉ ◦∘

          Park Jimin did not like slacking off in any way, he was a perfectionist. Everything needed to be well-organized, otherwise, he would be left hoarding the apprehensiveness alone. It was unlikely to rest in his dictionary when he still had a myriad of stamina. However, now, all he wanted to do was stay still.

          It had been about a month and two weeks, the excuses for staying longer were progressively absurd day by day until he needed to squeeze lies in his words. Jimin's whole energy had recovered, hell, he could even reiterate every choreography many times if he wanted to, but that was the thing.

          Jimin just couldn't imagine himself leaving.

          The idea of scurrying back home was now long forgotten, tucked away in the back of Jimin's mind. No, it wasn't because he liked being sick, in fact, it was the last thing he wished to converge. The hospital was not even his favorite place. It was just. . . finding someone who was laborious to abandon was not the purpose of him being here.

          But, fate had an unparalleled way to bring together two different people, yet somehow connected to each other.

          "Tell me something, Jimin." Swamped with multitudinous thoughts, he almost forgot that Rory was with him, visiting Crystal on his limited spare time. Placing his phone back in his pocket, Jimin glanced at the boy. "Why are you doing this?"

          "Huh. . . doing what?"

          "Escorting her almost every day to her daily checkups, making sure she always takes her medicine on time, cheering her up when she feels down, heck, caring about her in general," Rory dictated. "Why, Jimin?"

          They were sitting in front of an examination room, both waiting for Crystal to finish her routine checkup. Rory's impromptu question made passersby and the hullabaloo from sundry directions was dimmed by a singular silence. There was apprehension, skepticism, and dysphoria skulking behind his arctic blue lenses.

          It surely caused perplexity gleam out of Jimin as his brows furrowed. "Is that wrong to do it all?"

          "No. Of course, not. Don't get the wrong idea. It's just. . . why all of sudden?" Rory exhaled a reluctant sigh. "You hardly know her."

          Why did his questions constantly end with why? Because, truthfully, Jimin barely had something in mind to explain. It was only his personality who really cared about others, and at the moment, Crystal happened to be there.