9 ∘ Love of a Lifetime

chapter nine

chapter nine.
❝ 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲
𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁
𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀. ❞

∘◦ ❉ ◦∘

Albeit the rough start, Crystal Gale and Park Jimin had a good run. They triumphed to find the missing portions of each other's lives, they completed each other despite the situation they were in. But, in the process, happiness and sadness also amalgamated within her. The walls were closing in, and her heart started to sound like thousands of tocsins all at once.

Crystal wished she could wake up from this nightmare, but she couldn't, hell, she wasn't even sleeping for the starter.

She was supposed to know better.

With all the things they had been through and the short amount of times they had spent on each other, surely, a scintilla of hope surged up to the surface and the thoughts of forever billowed forth in her mind. All this time, she only got wind of tragedy, her life was the proof, then Jimin strode into her room.

Sadly, it didn't ameliorate anything. Because the outcome would always be the same, meeting him or not.

Park Jimin was a million deep dreams while Crystal Gale was merely a silent sign.

"Oh, hello." A figure in her room brought her back from her reverie as Crystal greeted, slightly bowing. "I'm sorry for barging in like that, I thought I wouldn't have a guest."

"No, it's totally fine. You must be Crystal," the woman flailed her hands dismissively and rendered her a warm smile. "Hello, I'm Jimin's mother. It's really nice to finally meet you."

Crystal opened and closed her mouth, pretty much like a goldfish, unable to string words properly without flabbergast stigmatized her face. "I—uh—I— Jimin didn't tell me you'd come, but it's nice to meet you too."

"Well, consider this a surprise visit." Mrs. Park gestured her to sit on the empty seat across her, and the girl hastily obliged. "I came here the first week Jimin rushed into the hospital, but all I could find was another boy. I thought my son was hallucinating when he said there was a girl."

"I'm real," Crystal joked, scratching the nape of her neck gawkily. "I had troubled with my condition at that time, so yeah, I wasn't here."

Mrs. Park nodded in understanding. "He told me a lot about you."

"Really?" Crystal grimaced as she nibbled her lower lip. "Honestly, there's not much to talk about me."