8 ∘ Blind Faith

chapter eight

chapter eight.
❝ 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗶 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀,
𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴. ❞

∘◦ ❉ ◦∘

          There was this quote that Crystal really liked, she was not reliable in extracting her feelings openly and poetically, so words were the last option to depict it. Paradise has never been about places. It exists in moments, in connection, in flashes across time.

          It was the one she chose to interpret her liaison with Jimin.

          Later in the day, Jimin told her to dress nicely for the evening since she had a rough day yesterday and they only had one more day to cherish time with each other. At first, Crystal was hesitant, but then it dawned on her that life was not going to happen at some time in the future, especially to her.

          She realized that her happiness was right here, right now.

          "That's the one!" Rory's wolf-whistle screeched throughout the aerial and clapped proudly, grinning ear-to-ear. "You look so beautiful."

          "Yeah?" A tint of red adorned Crystal's cheeks as she swirled around, the short long-sleeved white dress, massed with flowers pattern flailing all over directions. "It's been a long time since I last wore clothes like this."

          "Don't frown, darling." Rory gushed, his cordial smile emanated through the screen. "Someone could be falling in love with your smile."

          Crystal inhaled deeply, tugging the tip of her lips upward. "I wish you were here."

          "Oh, please," Rory snorted mockingly at the oblivious Crystal. "If I'm there, Jimin has to take me with you and I'm pretty sure that's not the plan."

          Truthfully, Crystal had no idea what the plan was, apart from Jimin saying that she needed something new to oust her misery. Vacillation soared in her, but in the nick of time, Rory claimed that it was fair for her to get out of the hospital once in a while.

          Well, it turned out to be a good idea because she heartily missed the roads of Seoul. Everything felt brighter despite the darkness was unfolding the firmament, the scintillating of stars delineated in her eyes, hindering the fissure of affliction from taking over.

          "Where exactly are we going?" Crystal inquired, a rush of excitement was clearly heard underneath her tone.