Murderer

Unknown POV:

Being chased was nothing like the movies. The actors look heroic, sexy and in command of the situation. The reality was far removed from that pretty version of running to save your skin. I'd had no time to put on shoes or even grab my jacket from the lockers. I'd been winding up my night shift at the station and as usual, I could sleep for most of it. It's like that for gas station cashiers sometimes, other times you're dealing with god awful customers you just want to smack across their faces. Yet tonight wasn't one of those days, it was quiet. My good friends Alexander and Jason came to pick me up, all high on something, deciding we should turn up. I mean, we're young but not young enough to 'turn up'.  

The three of us went to the local bar and drank some few beers. One thing lead to another and now she's after me with a sinister smile. My soul crashed into the asphalt a few times before I transition to the ball of my feet. My face is flushed red and my expression is just pure panic. My job doesn't keep me in shape but I do hit the gym once in a while but still, my heart pounds, sending blood to my muscles. Just when I think I outran her, she suddenly appears before me. 

My chaser stood before me with the same expression from the bar. She had the same smile on her face but now I could see the difference in her smile and a normal one. A normal smile was warm and friendly, her smile was the opposite of that; it was cold and dark. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, you left the party early. I can't have you leave without giving you a goodbye kiss," her voice was soft, smooth and clear and quiet yet powerful. Soothing, in a way. It was beautiful much like her. And if she wasn't trying to kill me I would have wished that she would never stop talking. 

She made her way towards me, she moved like a waiter in a five-star restaurant and her footfalls made no sound at all. In a matter of seconds, she was standing in front of my paralyzed body. Her cold hand gently touched my cheek, I flinched back but she held my chin, "shh don't be scared," she cooed. She looked at me then, her black eyes drilling into mine. I couldn't help but think- I'd never seen eyes with no emotions. 

"P-please let me go," I begged as I felt something wet go down my cheek. I realized that I started to cry. I've never felt this scared that I began to cry. I don't ever remember being this terrified. I was always a fan of horror movies and laughed at the cliché scene where the unfortunate person is about to die. It's always the same; they beg for their life, ask their murder to let them go believing that they'll have a change of heart but in the end, they die anyway. 

She made no effort to talk just stared at me with those dark emotionless eyes. I wonder what had caused this alluring woman so much pain that her eyes reflected nothing. What did she go through? Has her life always being a living hell? 

"What happened to you?" I asked without thinking. It seemed that my questions had made an impact on her, for a split second I saw lonely, pain, sorrow and much more in her black eyes. At that moment I wanted to know more about her. Something happened to her that caused her to shut down and I want to know. 

One moment I was staring at her eyes and the next I was flying through the air. It hit something cold and hard. Seconds or perhaps minutes later, slowly I tried to get up but quickly realized how futile it was when I had to bite my lip to keep from crying out. A sharp pain lanced through my head and colorful spots flashed in front of my eyes, it felt like my whole body had been beaten and every movement caused some muscle or bone to ache.  Regardless, I needed to get out of here... away from her before she ends me. 

Wincing in pain I tried to get up but it was no use. I tried over and over again but it was no use. I heard a chuckle coming from in front of me, the place where that woman was. Opening my eyes I see her there, swatting down with her arms lazily crossed in front of her. An amused look on her deadly face, "does it hurt?" she asked with a smirk.