Kiss On The Roof of a Barn

Relationship: You are Jake's younger sister. You and Colby have gotten somewhat close because you live in the same house. *read first few paragraphs of Exploration Gone Wrong Part 1 to understand more.*

I made kissy lips at the camera and batted my eyelashes as Sam and Colby did their intro. Jake slapped me causing me to laugh. I looked at him just as he looked at me, his dimples etched into his cheeks as he laughed.

"What is happening behind us?" Colby laughed, pointing the camera towards Jake and I. I waved at the camera.

"You ready to explore?" Colby asked me.

"Sure?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I think you're ready, Y/N," Jake said, smiling at me. I felt a surge of confidence from his simple gesture.

"Hey, just wondering," Jake asked, "once we've gotten in, what is our exit strategy?"

"Our what?" Sam and Colby asked in unison.

"Oh my god, we're gonna die," I mumbled.

"Let's just go!" Sam yelled, already walking down the path that lead to the run down barn.

Jake and I made eye contact, worried expressions etched onto our faces before bursting into laughter.

I jogged to catch up with Colby so I could walk by his side. I had to quicken my pace to keep up with his long strides.

"I like your bandana," I said, commenting on his choice of headwear.

"Thanks! I like your XPLR merch," Colby said back, winking at me.

"Whoever designed this hoodie was truly a genius. It's my favorite hoodie," I said.

"Definitely a genius."

"Colby!"

I allowed myself to brush against his arm slightly as I laughed and stumbled a bit along the path. I placed a hand in front of my mouth and looked at my feet, trying to hide the magnitude of my amusement.

We got to the barn, and as Sam filmed the view and explained a bit about the barn, Colby leaned down and began to whisper to me.

"This is gonna be your first time exploring, right?" he asked.

"Yep."

"Then we got to make it one for the books, okay?"

"How are we gonna do that?"

Colby didn't respond.

"Hey, Sam?" Colby said. "What would you think about splitting up into groups so we can explore the whole place without wearing ourselves out by rushing? If we see anything cool, we can text each other and meet up somewhere." Sam thought about it for a moment.

"I think that sounds like a good idea," Jake said. Sam nodded in agreement.

"Okay, sure!" Sam began. Before he could say anything else, Colby butted in.

"How about you two do the big barn, and Y/N and I will start with the few smaller ones?"

"Uh...."

"Sounds like a plan to me!" Jake exclaimed. He could see how excited I was, even though I tried to hide it. I was rocking back and forth on my feet in anticipation.

"Then let's do it!" Colby said, but waited for a response from Sam.

"Okay," Sam said. "You have your camera with you, right?"

"Yep!" Colby pulled the corner of his camera out of his bag to show Sam, who then gave him a thumbs up.

"Race you to the small barn over there?" Colby said to me, his eyes lit up. I didn't say anything but took off sprinting.