Natural Selection

Relationship: Y/N and Colby are dating.

I opened my eyes. Reality always seemed a bit unreal after you woke up from jubilant dreams, but once your eyes adjusted to the light, the sound of Aaron screaming at Fornite and the smell of egg whites all became familiar again. I rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes and got out of the covers. I cringed at my reflection in the mirror. I was breaking out all over my forehead and my hair was a tangled mess. Nevertheless, I threw on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt and headed downstairs, grabbing my leftover bowl of cereal from the night before.

Halfway down the stairs, I noticed Colby in the foyer holding a toy microphone as Jake recorded him. Jake had a stupid grin on his face, and I couldn't help but be suspicious. Colby began to talk while staring deadpan into the camera.

"And here, you can see the endangered Y/N in their natural habitat." Right as Colby said that, I somehow managed to clumsily trip over my own feet and fall head over heels down the stairs.

Jake put a hand over his mouth to stifle his laughter as I lay in a heap on the foyer, surrounded by the cereal that spilled out of my bowl. The camera shook in his hands from his attempt to not laugh.

Colby, however, kept his blank expression, waiting a moment before saying to the camera, "Natural selection is coming for this specimen."

"Colby!" I shouted, putting my hands over my face in exasperation.

"Sorry sweetheart, but it takes a very special kind of idiot to pull off what you just did," Colby said. He set his microphone down and held out his hand for me. I grabbed it and let him pull me up, jokingly glaring at him.

"Stop pouting, silly," Colby poked my nose before leaning in and giving me a peck on the lips. I smiled, letting him win as I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him in for a more passionate kiss, Jake catching it all on camera.
"You're not allowed to post this part, by the way, Jake," I mumbled between kisses.
"Yeah, right. You're the ones who kissed in front of the camera!" He retorted, flashing me a smile.
"Jake!" I yelled. He took off running, with me on his tail.