Chapter 3: Third Night - Devils and Ghouls

When Haise returned to school that day, he was immediately greeted by three figures. The first two he recognized to be Kiba Yuuto and Koneko Toujou, the Prince of Kuoh and the Mascot of Kuoh, both familiar figures. He never interacted with them much, but he and Kiba had something in common: rabid fan girls chased after them both. The third figure was not one he recognized, but her posture told him everything he needed to know about her. She stood straight with a look of sternness about her, her arms folded beneath her breasts, and her black hair reaching past her shoulders. Sitting atop the bridge of her nose was a pair of glasses.

"Ah, Sasaki-san!" Kiba greeted with that charming smile that the Ghoul found to be annoying and misplaced. "Wonderful day today, huh?"

Not that it mattered to him.

"...Rias would like to see you" was all Koneko had to say, watching him like a hawk. He understood why, considering they walked in while he was giving that Fallen Angel a taste of her own medicine. A hypocrite like her should understood first thing what true pain was, and in the worst way possible. Still, he felt as if he were missing something as he made her suffer like the witch that she was... What was he missing during that whole thing?

Oh, right, he had forgotten to crack his fingers. He wondered how he could have forgotten such a important detail.

Oh well, not that it mattered to him.

Back to the matter at hand, the unknown girl pushed up her glasses and eyed Haise dangerously, as if ready to waiting for when he tried to eat someone. "The Student Council President, along with Lady Gremory, wish to speak with you, Haise Sasaki." The Student Council President and Rias Gremory? What did they want with him now? ...Oh, wait; now he recognized the girl. She was Tsubaki, Sona Shitori's right hand man-er...girl... or whatever.

Haise sighed, shaking his head as he followed the three into the school. Every student they passed by ogled them as they walked by, speaking in either obnoxious loud voices or hushed whispers.

"What the?! No way! What are the princes doing together?!"

"Toujou-senpai is with them too!"

"Those bastards! They're with Tsubakichi!"

Haise raised an eyebrow at that last one, turning to an annoyed Tsubaki. "Tsubakichi?" he asked, confused. All he got was a glare that said, "Don't ask", so he left it at that, and thought it best to keep his mouth shut. The last thing he needed was another Touka-chan kick his ass.

...?

Touka...that name again. Who exactly was she? Did she mean something to him? Where had she gone? Where was she? Perhaps she was a student here?

...

Oh well, not that it mattered to him.

(The reason why this phrase shows up so many times is because it's sort of like Haise's catchphrase, just as Issei's is "He was going to be a Harem King, after all!")

Once they left the hallway and into what looked like a rundown building, they were met with the interior of a luxurious room. Rias Gremory and Akeno Himejima sat in waiting on one of the sofas, and the familiar form of Sona Shitori was on the other, a steaming cup of tea in her hand. Once they saw him, there were mixed reactions.

Rias gave him an uneasy smile, watching him like a hawk, though it was clear that the woman didn't consider much of a danger. Akeno's cheeks flushed as she smiled at him, though if the looks she was giving him when he was eating that Fallen Angel were anything, he knew she loved a guy that liked to inflict pain. Sona immediately glared at him, as if waiting for him to trip up. Almost everyone in the room thought of him to be a dangerous individual because of last night, but he expected as much.