Chapter 8: Eighth Night - Black and White

Once everything had been said and done, Issei let out a giant sigh of relief, his body slumping down to the couch. "Holy crap that was terrifying..." he muttered tiredly, hanging his head low. "Buchou's Onee-sama is one scary woman."

Haise nodded in agreement as he leaned against the wall, still feeling the lingering tension on the room from the woman's, Grayfia Lucifuge, arrival. "Well, that is to be expected, Issei-kun." Rias said, though she looked equally as tired. "She IS my older brother's wife, as well as the strongest Queen to exist on record."

"I still can't believe your related to Lucifer-sama!" Asia said, looking astonished. "I never would have guessed that you were the Devil King's younger sister!"

"That is to be expected." Kiba said, smiling a bit. "Once a member of a Pillar is selected to become the new Devil King, much less a Great Devil for that matter, they take on the names of the original Great Devils. So, when Sirzechs Gremory was chosen to become the Devil King, he took on the name Sirzechs Lucifer."

That particular fact had been left out for Haise when they explained everything to him. As it turned out, four devils among the remaining Pillars that survived the Great War were tested for their might, power, speed, agility, and everything that made up their entire being. These devils, if proven to possess the qualities the populace and leaders of the Underworld hoped they would carry, would become Great Devils, in other words, Ultimate-Class Devils with nearly unrivaled power.

Lucifer.

Beelzebub.

Leviathan.

Asmodaeus.

These were the four titles given to the Ultimate Devils, however those christened with the name "Lucifer" would become the Devil King, thus only the most worthy of the four were given this title. Haise had to admit, he had seen how Rias performed and acted, but he never would have guessed that her older brother was the king of all devils...

...much less one shrewd bastard.

After Grayfia's appearance dispelled the hostilities lingering in the air, everyone was then ordered to take a seat, Rias sitting with her peerage and Riser on the opposing sofa, Haise leaning against a wall while Grayfia stood between them, her hands at the front, and her posture cold and rigid. Even from here, her essence radiated power.

The Ultimate Queen, he recalled them calling her... the title was well-earned.

"I will say this as many times as need be, Grayfia-onee-sama." Rias stated with a stern expression on her face, and openly glaring at a smug, yet still sore Riser. "I will NOT marry Riser Phenex, under any circumstance, even if it is for the good of Devils."

"Now, my dear Rias..." Riser said smoothly, waving his hand about. Haise and Issei scowled, though the former hid his, but failed to keep his Kakugan in check. I say, the first chance we get, we eat the son of a bitch... Shironeki said, growling. Kuroneki said nothing, and Haise that, as much as the human side of himself hated to admit it, he was in complete agreement. Riser Phenex was an arrogant bastard that deserved to be eaten, and suffer a fate worse than the one Ken Kaneki had given to Yamori.

Haise didn't know why, but for some reason, when he heard that name, he felt something crawling around in his ear, despite the fact that there was nothing in there. It caused him to shudder every time, and his hands twitch uncontrollably.

"This marriage was arranged by both my father, as well as your own, was it not?" the blonde Devil smirked arrogantly. "Both Lord Phenex and Lord Gremory's positions within the Council are not to be ignored. Even if you could back out, your family would suffer quite the humiliation, would it not?" Rias scowled, red energy flowing around her hands. It was a sign that Riser was starting to irritate her. "While the same cannot be said for our King, I sincerely doubt you would allow your family's name to be tarnished."