Chapter 16

Woah, did that really happen last night? I thought to myself.

I felt around the bed in which I laid trying to find Daniel. I felt and felt again finding nothing but a piece of folded paper.

" Dear Hope,

I had some pack business to take care of, see you later Princess.

Love, Daniel "

I smiled in delight, throwing my

Head back onto the pillow. I stared at my hand in awe of the gorgeous ring on my finger.

It was small yet amazing. It had one small diamond in the center, making the sliver band pop with excitement.

As soon as I rested my hand against my chest and smiled even larger I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I yelled waiting for an answer

"Can I come in?" A female's voice said, and I thought closely about my answer then said

"Yes"

The door slowly began to open and a teenage girl appeared. She wore a long brown dress that went to her ankles, and a head piece that was very simple, a turquoise ribbon.

"Alpha wanted me to give you this ma'am"

"Thank you, and call me Hope please"

"Yes ma'am" she said before leaving the room

I pulled Daniels note closer, confused at what was written inside.

"The pack business is going to take a lot longer than I planned, I may have to stay over night"

I clinched the note tight thinking of staying a night without him by my side. I held my finger glaring down at my ring thinking of Daniel. We can do this I thought to myself. How hard can it be?

Before I could think anymore my stomach began to twist, I ran to the bathroom and began to puke. I rubbed my mouth clean, pulling the flush lever.

I held my stomach tightly in pain, then it slowly began to stop. I grabbed two Ibuprofen then slowly made my way down stairs to meet Zach.

"What's wrong with you pale face?"

"Thanks" I said disgusted

"I'm just asking, I'm sorry"

"It's my stomach, it really hurts"

"Why don't you go see the pack doctor? She's right around the corner down the hall"

"Okay, will you take me?"

"Oh course"

We walked slowly together down the open hallway until we reached a closed door. Zach slowly opened it and a woman appeared.

"Hello Luna, what's the matter?" The woman asked

"My stomach really hurts today"

"Okay, Zach can you help her up onto the seat?"

"Yes ma'am" he said

He lifted me up slowly, setting me down.

The lady took a blood sample, then asked me to lay down. I did as I was asked then lifted my shirt towards my chest.

"I'm going to take a sonogram to see if I can see anything. Okay?"

"Okay"

She felt my stomach for a second then poured a cold gel onto my stomach. I looked at Zach, then back at the woman as she pushed the machine into the gel moving it around.

"Well Luna, I looks like-"