eight

As you walked into the hallway of school the next school day, you were more than surprised at what you saw.

Right in the front hallway, a girl was pinned against a wall.

Nothing too spectacular, but what caught your attention was..

that it was Frank making out with her.

You just didn't knew how to react- dramatically walk to him and yell? Hell no. What would you even say? You two are not together; you not even committed your feelings for him. You were just friends for barely a few weeks. Anyways, it was just be way to dramatic to accuse him of something he didn't particularly did wrong.
So you chose to just hurry away and act like you've never seen what just happened. Even though that was the only thing that was crossing your mind right now.

Was it his girlfriend? If so, why didn't he told you from the start? Why indirectly asking you to introduce him to your family? Why bother flirting with you if he already has someone? It just didn't make sense, at all - and here you were, believing you actually had a chance with him. You scoffed to yourself. How stupid.

"I just don't want you to get hurt. That's all."

Your mothers words were crossing your mind. Not even 24 hours. Wow.

As you say down in class you barely paid attention. All you could think about was the situation you encountered before. Even when the teacher was calling your name you didn't even react at the first call. Your mind was a mess. Pain in your heart, a thousand thoughts in your mind, racing through all at once- how could you pay attention? At least you didn't have classes with him today. What would you say to him? Would you even say something to him? I mean, you couldn't just ignoring him for the fact that he's living his life. But speaking to him would be 1. hella awkward and 2. probably pretty... painful. How much trouble such a stupid crush on someone would cause, you thought to yourself. Is it even a crush? Or is it even more? Am I.. in love? Is love supposed to feel like this? Your feelings and your mind couldn't agree with each other.

That's why you decided you needed a break.

***
You didn't went to school the next day. Or the one after that. Faking sickness because you just couldn't stand looking at him the same as before, ashamed of yourself for having a crush and being angry at him for.. for what, exactly? For kissing another girl? You can't just be angry at someone for this. It's not like you've told him how you felt- which was probably a big mistake. It was surprising- something you wouldn't have expected so early in the morning.

Were your friendship even something? Like, did it meant something? Did he think it meant something? Of course it meant something for you. He became your best friend in like just a few weeks. But, did he think you are his best friend? So many questions yet so little answers.

***

Monday.

I think I don't have to say much more- first day of the week and the first day of school since... yeah. What happened.

Walking into the hallway, you kept your head down, trying to be as unnoticed as possible. What would you do when he suddenly comes to speak to you? As you reached your locker you let out a little sigh. Just then, someone behind you yells something about a party tonight- and he probably invited the whole school that moment, but you were to caught up in your thoughts.

As the bell rang and your first class had ended, your teacher had called you back to talk to her. She was a really nice teacher- in your opinion, at least. She's always nice and caring to people, no matter how much they piss her off.

"Y/N. I noticed that you were not paying attention to anything Im saying for a little while right now. I just wanted to say that you need to pay attention in my class, y/n. Otherwise you'll probably not pass. Is everything okay with you? Or what are the reasons?"

"It's -uhm- nothing"

"Really? I just want to help you. I know maybe you are a little bit of trouble sometimes, but I see you are a nice student deep inside. If you have something you need to talk about, my door is always open."

"Thanks."

***