Prologue

At seventeen years of age, Ash Ketchum finally beats the Pokemon League and becomes known as the Pomemon Champion. Pokemon trainers and fans from all regions hear about Ash's victory.

With his hard work finally paid off, Ash boards a cruise ship that will take him straight to the docks in Palet Town, his home. On the cruise, Ash contemplates all of the friendships he's made and how far he's come on his journey that is now coming to an end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash finally steps off of the boat and onto the docks and looks around. He is finally home.

As he reaches the front of his house, many memories come flooding back to him.

"Man, I miss being home," he says.

He opens the door to see that the lights are off and hears nothing but silence throughout the house.

Hmmm... maybe mom is asleep. It is pretty late.

He turns on the lights and is shocked to see his mother and friends all jumbled up together in his living room.

"Welcome home, Ash!" They all yell in unison.

"Wow! Thanks, everyone!" Ash says with a huge grin.

He looks around and sees that all of his friends are...

Wait. Two are missing.

I guess they couldn't make it, Ash thinks with disappointment.

But before Ash can be completely disappointed...

"Congrats on beating the Pokemon League, Ash!"

"We knew you could do it!"

Ash smiles as two familiar voices appear, hidden before, from behind the crowd.

The two people he is most excited to see.

The ones who helped me start it all...