Chapter 1: The Original Trio

"Misty! Brock! Man, am I glad to see you two."

Ash gives Brock a warm hug.

"You haven't changed a bit, Brock." Ash says, laughing.

"Apparently you have! Have you been working out?" Brock asks, laughing in return.

"Hardly, if training Pokemon counts as working out," He says with a huge grin.

"Well? Where's my hug?" Misty asks with a sincere smile. "I haven't seen you for a while either, silly."

Ash turns to Misty and finally takes a good look at her.

She's... grown up, Ash thinks as he starts to blush.

"I see that," Brock whispers to Ash, which makes him blush harder.

Ash reaches over to hug Misty. Misty returns the hug and lightly squeezes Ash.

"I've missed you, Ash," She whispers in his ear, blushing.

"I- I've missed you too," Ash whispers in return, his cheeks turning red.

"Alright, enough you two."

"Aw, come on Gary. Let them have their moment," Brock says with a wink.

"M-moment?" Ash asks, turning red.

Misty blushes. "It was just a hug you twerps."

"Sure it was," Brock and Gary say in unison. They turn to one another and give each other a high-five while laughing.

"Hmph." Misty crosses her arms and glares at the two, blushing even harder.

"Alright enough teasing," Gary says as he turns to Ash. "I'm really proud of you, Ash. Looks like you really are the better Pokemon trainer."

Ash smiles widely. "Thanks Gary, but I'm no better than you. I just couldn't quit until I was able to beat the Pokemon League. It took me a while, but here I am!"

Misty and Brock smile at each other. Knowing the struggles Ash went through at the beginning of their journey together, they both feel Ash earns the title of Pokemon Champion.

"Ash!"

Ash turns around to see May running up to him with Drew walking right behind her.

"Hey, May!" May hugs Ash and squeezes him tight. She puts her hands on his shoulders and smiles up at him.

"I am so proud of you! I knew you could do it."

"Aw geez, thanks May," Ash says with a smile.

"Congrats Ash," Drew says with a smile as he pulls out his hand.

"Thanks Drew," Ash says, taking Drew's hand in his and giving it a quick shake.

"Drew and I were so excited when we heard the news!"

"Oh you two have been traveling together?" Ash asks innocently.

"Yes, because we are together," Drew says.

"Aww you two are dating?!" Misty squeals.

May and Drew both start blushing.

"Yes we are. After a couple of years passed since our last encounter, Drew and I saw each other once again at a Pokemon Contest and connected like we did before."