TWO

February 14th, 1995Ashleys POV10:00 am Ah Valentine's Day, what a joy

February 14th, 1995
Ashleys POV
10:00 am
Ah Valentine's Day, what a joy. It was always hella packed at the cafe. You either had people making out in the booths or people crying because their single, then you have the annoying moms that go out for mimosas and have a grand old time getting too drunk, but i think my favorite part of it all was getting to hear about Jessica and Sabrinas overly complain about the couples and how 'they'll never have that' or 'guys suck' .

"ASH YOU GOT FOOD TO RUN"  i heard joe yell from the kitchen. "COMING!" I yelled back finally getting away from the 'guys suck' group. "Good to finally see you here." He said putting the Omelet, pancake and whole in one on the steel table. "Good to be here." I said quickly. "Table 13." "Got it" i responded with, you always say got it instead of 'okay' or 'kay'.

"Okayyy we got a veggie omelet, a chocolate chip pancake, and a whole in one bacon style." I said as everyone put their hand up when it was theirs. "Okay, enjoy!" I said putting on my fake nice girl act, I didn't have to put it on often but today i had to listen to Jessica and Sabrina bitch more then usual.

1:25 pm

Today was one of our slowest valentines days everrrr, we wasn't like yesterday where we literally had no one come in, we had people coming in but usually its like A LOT of people. "So i was thinking of going to see that nw movie with Bailey and was wondering if you wanted to come along." My co-worker/ Friend Emma asked me, Emma was one of the bakers so I passed her station regularly. "Oh uh yeah sure." I said fixing my apron. "Okay cool, we can go get-ASHLEY ANDERSON YOU GOT SOME YUM YUMMIES TO RUN" joe said as he cut Emma off. "welp duty calls see you in a minute."  I said running to the back. "Okayyy so this is for ben at the front." Joe said throwing the receipt away. "Got it." I quickly replied.

I went up to the front of the restaurant and saw the only guy sitting at the bar area. "Ben?" I asked to see if it was him. "Yup!" He said as he stopped doing his homework. "Thank y-hey whats a pretty girl like you doing here?" He asked trying to flirt. "Um working." I said laughing a little. "Oh right, well um thanks i guess." He said as nodded and turned around.

"Whoa did someone just flirt with you?" Our cashier Leah asked me. "I think so." I said while continuing to walk to the kitchen. "So whats his name? When's the wedding?"  She asked as she put her head on my shoulder. "Okay slow down hardy." I laughed.

"Joe guess what!" Leah said taking one of the fries off the fry rack. "What?" He asked. "Ashleys getting a booyyyfrienddd." She said teasing me. "Oh no, who is this boy i have to talk to him." Joe said looking around the corner, joe was like a dad or an older brother to me. "His name is ben and he was only trying to flirt with me." I said filling the bullets with maple syrup. (bullets are the things that have all the condiments in)
"Well whatever." Joe said plating a sandwich. "This is for table 14 by itself." He said as i gave him a thumbs up.

3:14 pm

He was still here, ben was still here reading this book he had with him. i was cleaning the servers station when i heard someone saying something over and over. "Hey pancake girl!" I peeked my head from behind the wall that split off the kitchen and the front of house, and there he was. "I have a name." I said going back into the kitchen. "Hey! Um well maybe if you told me your name I would call you that!" He said. "Nope." I responded. "Why? Hey whats her name?" He asked Emma as she laughed. "Ashley." She said as she kept laughing after seeing my face.

"Thank you." I said sarcastically. "Well Ashley, i hope you have a nice day." He said as he nodded his head and left. "He's gonna be the love of your life." Emma said propping her head up with her hand. "Whatever!" I said laughing. "This is exactly the plot of a love story!" She said as i shook my head.

Ben has always been a consistent costumer since we opened, I always thought he was cute I'm scared I'll fall for him and i can't do that, but now he's making it hard not to.