Chapter 6

Why the hell did they send off guys one by one to attack instead of attacking all at once? These guys never seemed to learn. When fighting a group of people, the timing had to be precise. Even if it's a second off, it could change the outcome of the fight. Your movements have to be fast, swift, and deadly.

The moment the guy lunges forward, everything happened in slow mo. I could see and predict each and every move like it was the back of my hand. I smirked and narrowed my eyes as my hand quickly jerked up and got ahold of his wrist, the blade an inch away from my throat. The man's expression was one of shock but was soon filled with anger as he tried to get rid of my hold. He didn't think that this would be that easy right?

Before, he could try to pull his hand away, I twisted his wrist, hearing a satisfying crack fill the air. The man yelled out in pain, releasing his grip on the knife which I took immediate possession off. I then let go of his wrist, and push him, all while he was grunting in pain. He shuffled a few steps back, his other hand cradling, rage filing his eyes.

"Get her!"

I turned to my right as soon as I heard the sound of a trigger getting pulled. Without thinking much, I immediately ducked, missing the bullet by barley. I narrowed my eyes and smiled, the corner of my lips tugging upwards into an evil grin. Before the man could reload again, I threw my knife at him, aiming for his hand which held the knife. He let out a hiss of pain and dropped the gun which I ran to catch. I clutched onto the gun and slammed it against the man's temples with its handle. He immediately fell to the ground groaning. Ignoring him, I turned around to face the man with the broken bottle who I previously had teased.

"I'll see you later?" I asked, as his eyes filled with confusion. I aimed the gun at his leg and pulled the trigger, the sound echoing through the empty alley. The main howled in pain and clutched his leg, panting heavily. I finally turned back to where Jack stood, him slowly backing away. I aimed the gun and pulled the trigger which only resulted in a click. I let out a small groan and squinted my left eye. With a hard swing, I threw my gun towards him, the handle correctly hitting his head followed by the thump of his body falling to the floor.

I stared at the bodies around me- there was only 4? I closed my eyes in disappointment and ran a hand through my hair. One of them freaking got away. I 'tsked' and scanned the alley, my eyes finally landing on the women who seemed to be regaining consciousness. I jogged to her, picking up her purse on the way, and bent down checking her face for any bruises. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that she didn't get injured seriously.

I picked up her purse and looked through it. In less than a few seconds, I had her phone in my hand as I dialed a number.

"911, how may I help you?"

***

"Ren!"

I turned around and spotted Haylee waving me over as she ran towards me, clutching her backpack in one hand. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she took in my appearance. I held up my hand before she could ask any questions.

"I'll tell you later," I muttered heading towards my school locker and pulling out my backpack. I slammed it shut and turned around, Haylee's judging eyes scamming my face.

"There's blood on your forehead," she stated.

My eyes widened as I immediately wiped my forehead and looked at my fingers. I let out a sigh of relief when I realized that it wasn't my blood as I wiped my forehead a few more times. It was probably Jacks.

As soon as I called the emergency department, I had grabbed my stuff and sprinted out of there. But not before cleaning the handles of the gun and the knife and throwing away my bloody shoes and grabbing one of the men's. To make it seem as if I was not there, I made it look as if they fought each other, putting the cleaned gun in Jack's hand and the knife in the hand of the man I had stabbed.