Trust?

☆☆☆

cнapтer 10: тrυѕт

lιѕтen тo 'aιn'т ιт ғυn?' вy paraмore ғor тнιѕ cнapтer

☆☆☆

A frown was etched onto Rosie's face the entire ride home. She wasnt happy with what had happened at the school and she didnt know if she was ready to have that conversation with Bren. She continued to glance back into the back seats of the car. Reece was here. She wasnt excited about him being here either. She didnt want to be judged for not living with her biological parents. Or for him to use her because Bren was famous. Rosie had given Brendon constant pleading looks for him to drop Reece off somewhere but she knew it was too late. He knew too much.

He did save me.. I'm such a disappointment.

All these thoughts ran through her head as her fingers tapped rapidly against her thigh. The frown only deepened when she remembered she had thought the exact same thing the first night her mother had raised her hand at her. All her thoughts and emotions were scribbled down into a diary whilst she wiped her tears and shook in the corner of her room wondering-

June 14th, 2013

Why am I such a disappointment? What had I done to them? I've always kept my grades up right? Done chores, cooked, never snuck out or done anything illegal. So why was I being punished? We were all sitting down at the table as a family and I made one silly remark.. it's my fault. I had tried to talk about my anxiety, they never believe me when its brought up. Either dodging it or laughing it off like it was nothing. So I had mentioned it and then I was on the floor clutching my cheek in pain. I remember the pain and the stinging in my eyes. There was no emotion in my Mum's eyes when I had looked back up at her, she looked.. dead. Blank. My dad just sat there with a similar expression. I choked back tears and then ran up here.. I really hope this is the first and last time..

"We're here Rosie.."

Bren opening the door brought Rosie back to reality and she quickly forced a tight smile and collected her things before heading inside. Reece was right behind her but neither of them said anything. No words or comments were made as she opened the door, letting him inside. Nothing was said as she led him up to her room so he could put his things down before the actual conversation happened. Her body shook slightly, making her realize just how scared she was to finally face the fact that he was back. Her fists clenched as she held back tears, her trembling lip finding it's way beneath her teeth and then there it was.

She collapsed on the floor, sobs escaping her lips; she pulled her legs up against her chest. Her cries were soft before they gradually got louder until she was on the verge of hyperventilating. Her body stiffened when she felt the heat of somebody else's arms wrapping around her cradled position. She didnt have to look up to know who it was, she knew.

Reece continued whispering gentle, encouraging words to focus on her breathing whilst rocking her back and forth. This action wasnt new to her either. Brendon had done it before when she had woken up one night from a nightmare and as she screamed and shook, he held her in place and sung her to sleep. Her sobs wracked through her body violently but Reece didnt let go, didn't stop rocking her back and forth; gently whispering sweet things into her ear and soon enough she began to calm down.