I16I - Company

"You can sit if you want." I offer, pointing at my tan colored sofa. Luke had nodded and sat down. I didn't know what to say first so I paced a bit back and forth in front of him. How embarrassing.

I finally thought of what to say, which personally I think is pretty normal to ask somebody when you have a lot to catch up on.

"Would you like some tea?"

The older man laughed at my question and shook his head, "No thanks, Brian. You can sit.." he patted on the sofa next to him. I hesitantly walked over and sat next to him. Why was I stalling? Roger was lying about the whole thing, so why should I be scared? Maybe it's just something I'll have to get used to, I'll have to used to Roger, who was my best friend, is a lying bitch.

Luke cleared his throat and crossed his legs, looking at me with sorryful eyes. "I know you may not believe me.. but the other night Roger told me that he told you that I raped him; and because it wasn't true.. I flipped out. Please bel--"

"Luke, I believe you. Roger actually had told me last night. And I was pissed as hell."

Luke's brown eyes had beamed with a look of relief as well. "Thank God, I noticed your tension in the studio and honestly I was worried you would cancel the deal for expose me for something I didn't even do, a crime I didn't even commit."

I rest a hand on his shoulder and nod, "I owe you an apology for that. On behaf of myself, and Roger."

Just then, there was a knock on the door. I perk my head up curious to who it might be. "I might as well go get that," I said standing up, "I'll be back."

And because the door was connected to the living room, Luke could see who was at the door from the sofa he was sitting on. The sofa he was on was on the back wall so all he had to do was look straight ahead.

I walk to the front door and look through the peep hole. First I see Freddie, which who I'm suprised to see. What could he possibly want from me? In the corner of my eye, I saw a shorter person so I look over and I see Roger standing there, with his arms crossed, not looking confident at all. I move back from the door in shock. And what could he possibly want?

"Are you okay? Who is it?" I heard Luke say behind me. I shook my head and walked up again. How do I act? Do I act mad? Do I calm? I don't know what I should do.

I finally gain enough courage to unlock and quickly open the door. I look at Freddie and smile, "Hey."

I frown and glare over at Roger without a word, he looked upset but shouldn't I be the one more upset than him? He's the one who lied to me.

"Are you busy?" Freddie had asked. I look behind me at Luke who seemed to be upset with who was at the door, as he was narrowing his eyebrows. I look back at Freddie. "A little bit. Yeah." I didn't exactly want to say that Luke was there, because who knew how Roger would react. "Well, Brian. I want to talk to you." Roger finally said, uncrossing his arms.

I shift my eyes over to him and the corners of his mouth curve into a short, and comforting smile.

I avert my eyes towards the floor, not wanting to look at him in the eyes. Which would have probably tempted me to want to actually talk to him. All Roger was going to do was apologize. That's all. And I knew for a fact I wouldn't get over this problem.

"No."

His smile faded, "What?"

"I don't want to associate with you." I look up at him in the eyes, to prove I meant it. Just to see his saddened eyes almost broke me. I was used to being comforting for him whenever he was sad. This time I had to hold off, for a good reason obviously.