21

october 9

annies perspective

i ruffled through my blankets and woke up from my alarm, my hand slapped over it and got out of bed. i groaned as i shuffled through the hallway going into the bathroom. i opened the bathroom door and splashed very cold water on my face i was shivering. i brushed my teeth and picked out my outfit. walking over to the kitchen table i took the bus fair change mom left me and headed straight out the door. not knowing it was pouring outside, i quickly went back inside the house just to be sure, only to see that it was locked. i was kicking and screaming at the door for hayley to let me in. she opened the door to see that i was all soaked, i searched through the whole closet trying to find an umbrella.

i soon found a blue umbrella and walked out the door to see it had stopped raining "i hate thursdays!" i mumbled. i ran to the bus stop in fear i was going to be late.

i checked the time to see it was well passed 8 and going on to 9 AM i put my hand on my head and let out a sigh.

i walked into my first class which was social again and sat down next to will. "hey will!" he looked over and wrote down the word 'hey' on a piece on scrap paper.

the bell rang and i went straight to math class without going to my locker. asher was sitting at his desk, my cheeks were red when i seen his big smile. his eyes followed where i went. i sat next to him and pulled out my binder. "goodmorning asher!" i greeted "morning annie." he sniffled.

jayden pulled up a chair in the middle of both of our desks, "would u like to come to my house tonight." she asked "is anyone else going?" "yeah i already invited lauren, riley, dylan, brooke and kenzie, and you can bring your little boyfriend along too." i was in disgust "hayden's not boyfriend." asher choked "not him! asher." she whispered, i was still in disgust "but he's n- she put her hand over my mouth "okay i'll see you both later." i looked over at asher who was blankly confused, "what just happened?" he asked "i think she wants us to go to her house." he sighed.

i feel like jayden has been hanging with brooke too much she's kind of turned like her. its just not something she would do.

lunch rolled around and i decided to hang out with asher, i seen him by his locker and i decided to walk over and talk. "you coming to lunch?" i said resting my arm against the locker.  "yeah sure, well where do u want to go?" i shrugged. he walked out the school doors and i followed "i know where we should go." "hm where?" he pointed over to a little cafe called café deluxe and we walked over. "want to get anything?" he asked. i just shrugged "no cause you won't let me pay" i stuttered at first.

it was our turn in line and he looked over at me "you sure you don't want anything?" i looked at the menu and ordered a lemonade "may i please get a raspberry lemonade." i asked politely. she dished up a casual raspberry lemonade which had tasted perfect. "2.40 please." asher reached out his wallet but i put down the money before he did. "hey let me pay!" he demanded "no thanks."

we walked over to a two seated table with pretty flowers set perfectly in the middle of the table. "so." he coughed. "what now?" it was silent. "why does jayden want me to come to her house?" he asked "i-i'm not sure." i stuttered. "well atleast your gonna be there." i looked at the window "what?" i woke up from day dreaming in conclusion "well i'd have to ask my grandparents first i guess." i shook my head. "how come you didn't get anything?" i questioned. "im not hungry." he stammered.

ashers perspective

i really didn't want to go to jayden's house but hopefully annie would be there. annie looked gorgeous as the sun reflected on her glossy straight brown hair. we didn't talk much at all mostly because i wasn't sure of what to say or to talk about but mainly we had a good time.

______________
cherish- author

hannies at endgame