chapter 1

I woke up to the beeping sound of alarm.It was already 8 and I was running late to my office.

I ran to the bathroom and did my business and ate my breakfast

There was already a note on the counter by my roommate that she will be late today.

Kylie works as a PA/secretary  for Adam Williams ,CEO of Willams and Co. which is the most reputed company in the worldwide for their hotels and resorts across the world.

" Miss Rhodes  , glad you could join us " my boss Ms. Terry commented at my late entry to the conference

"I'm really sorry , this won't happen again " I apologized to her and sat in my chair .

As soon as the meeting started I dozed off .

"What do you think Ms Jennings?" I came out of my day dream and looked at everyone in the room to understand what is happening.

"Yes..... suree ma'am " I replied not clear what to answer her .

"Perfect , you can go check the place today and remember the Wexins are very particular about the designing".
I'm still as clueless as a rabbit and everyone was out of the room too.
After sitting for 15 mins and figuring out that I was assigned a project ,I ran out of the room and went to her cabin

" Ma'am , could you give my the file on my project? "she stared at me before nodding and handing me the file .

" Laura,  this is a very important project for our company please don't mess this up like the last one " she looks serious because she never uses my first name .

" Miss Terry have faith in me and about the last time .. that guy was being a dick so I put him in his place "
I reasoned .

My last project was a disaster because that guy kept flirting with me and tried to touch me once and I lost my shit and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and then walked out like a boss.

It was already lunch time and there were elephants dancing in my stomach so I went to the café and bought myself a chicken sandwich and slice of pizza and sat down with my colleagues.

"Laura, we heard you got a project to do in Wixens and Co?"Matt asked
"Omgg!! You will be working with Cole Wixen the youngest and hottest billionaire who is surprisingly single " Violet said with dreamy eyes.
"Is he that hot? Let me Google him. "I opened my phone and searched.
Indeed he was hot as fuck but apparently ruthless too.

"Maybe you can have and chance it him Lau" Violet said wiggling her brows

"No thanks! I'm perfectly fine and a happy single person ". I really don't have time for relationship right now because I have a lot of other things to worry about

With that I lost my appetite so I got up from and chair and went to my desk