Falling

- - - part one / four
- - - Kimmon's POV

Copter Panuwat was in love and I knew immediately.

He had tried to hide it from everyone and the majority didn't notice but I had come a long way from just beginning my friendship with the cheerful boy. It hadn't taken long for us to befriend each other. Who knows how many jokes we've shared and comforting hugs when our reality was too overwhelming for us to realise that we have lots in common. Within him I found myself someone who I could fully trust and dependent on. So when his behaviour changed, I was the first one to take note.

The first time I saw the change was during the Christmas holidays when all of us decided to celebrate and have a festive party of our own. Everyone had eaten and were now lounging on the couch, we all begun to exchange gifts and we laughed over how silly it was that Tee was gifted finger hands. It was while Tae tried to remove one of the mini hands that had stuck on Tee's finger, that I happened to glance over at Copter who sat next to me. He seemed more warm-hearted, mature and radiant, no longer the same shy kid that I had orginally met. Copter watched and giggled quietly as he looked down at the plushie he cuddled, playing with the corner of his newest present. I could see him smile fondly, oblivious to the enviroment around him as he was clearly lost in his thoughts.

I vividly remember Copter's doe-eyes being hidden by the dark lashes and the way his brunette hair was tamed in its natural style, softening his usually cute look to adorable. Being that close to him I noticed the pinkish colour that dusted on his cheeks that the others would have assumed from the dancing he recently took part in, but I knew that wasn't the only reason for the blush that spread along his cheeks and tips of his ears.

I didn't know then if it was because of the fairy lights or maybe because of the late hour, but I was starstruck by how Copter seemed to glow and sparkle that night, and then all of a sudden I recognised it.

It was the same look that I saw on my grandfather's face when he reminisced about his memories with my late grandma.

It was the same look that I saw in Bas's smile when Godt facetimed him to say happy birthday, letting him know that he was proud of his recent achievements and wished him the greatest success.

It was the same look that I saw in Tae's eyes when he was reunited with Tee after a week long in Japan, embracing then kissing him without any care, and telling him about the various types of snacks he brought home for his boyfriend.

Someone must have said something funny because Copter looked up at that moment and laughed, beautiful dimples on display. I laughed as well even though I was deaf to what it was, no one seemed to notice anyway, too busy poking away at Tee's double chin.

Copter then briefly looked my way before gazing back down at his plushie again, moving his hand to brush away the strands of hair that covered his vision. I may have been delusional because it only lasted a second but I witnessed the startled, deer-in-the-headlights, frightened look in Copter's eyes. I frowned, curious to what made my friend have that reaction.

I tilted closer to him. "Hey, you doing alright?"

Copter quickly whipped his head up and stared wide-eyed at me before plastering on a smile that didn't reach his eyes nor suited his adorable features. My frown deepened upon seeing that and I began to grow concerned.

"I'm fine P'." Copter answered. "I think I'm just...tired so I'll be off to bed now."

I nodded, not wanting to bombard him with my doubts. Copter stood up and said goodnight to everyone. I was ready to ask if he wanted me to join him outside, to walk him up to his room, but those little legs of his strode hastily to exit out the door, leaving me with the question stuck inside my head. From then on, since I was aware of Copter's current state, the hidden affections and outbursts of giggles seemed to make more sense.

I had caught how Copter's eyes beamed bright during a lunchbreak after finishing acting a scene, happily thinking about his beloved.

I caught how his mood changed drastically when he lost himself in his own thoughts.

I caught how his smile became a permanent display, the smile that always reached his eyes.

I caught how he spoke much more freely during our time when we watched films instead of sleeping, letting me learn even more about him.

But through all of these subtle moments I learned something else as well.

Kimmon Varodoom was in love too.

- - -

this work is dedicated to all you beautiful people who continue to support me and make me smile as well as a little something to celebrate april, kimmon's and i's birth month.

published: 10-04-2019