Chapter 30

Peter POV

The whole castle was dark and quiet. There were no lights or voices around as we walk down the huge hallways. Everyone must of fled or went to hiding.

I silently watch Amber walk in front of me. She was like a stick figure. No emotion what so ever. She looked like Amber, but at the same time... It didn't. She had a certain coldness to her eyes, her face showed no emotion.

"They may be in here" James said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Let's go" Amber- the voice- said coldly.

I just simply nod and start to follow them as James opens the doors.

One step inside and I could already tell where we were.

The smell of leather and and books filled me as we walk slowly inside. This must be the library.

It's huge.

All around there are books; on the walls, floors, tables, and some even under the rug. It's like they couldn't seem to fit all the books they had.

And they had a lot of books.

"I bet they're hiding somewhere in here. Maybe a secret lever somewhere..." James said as he looks around.

Amber turns to me and stares into my eyes. At first I thought it was actually Amber-

Until I saw her eyes. They were dark, and full of hatred.

"Stand guard" says the voice as she follows James. I sigh and look around.

What am I doing here? I can't do this. I can't let him rule, it won't end well. He might let Amber and I go, but what else would he do to innocent families? He could do anything if he took control.

I need to kill him.

But I also can't kill Amber.

Maybe I can kill James.... I mean, he's the real body of the voice, but I don't know if it would work. It's to risky.

Rubbing my temples, I look around for a solutio-

Thud

Ow! What in God's name was that?!

I rub my head and look around to see what hit me. To my left, I see a large book that wasn't there before.

I look up and see an empty spot in the bookshelf now. It must of fell and landed on my head.

Curiosity took over me and I carefully pick up the book, making sure Amber and James didn't see me.

There was no cover, it had a big, black leather hard cover and a buckle to keep it closed. I blow the dust off and unbuckle the book.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

The book must of been many decades old. The pages were starting to wilt and the ink of the paper was blending into the pages. It smelled old too.

It took me a while to read what it said, since it was in really messing hand- writing. But after a while, I figured it out.

It was an old spell book. It also had notes and sketches.

I flip the pages and skim through everything. It was an old witch's diary. All her diary entries were made out to the same person, maybe it was an older friend or lover of her's...

My heart stops when I see a diary entry talking about the voice.

Dear Evelyn,

Today, a very strange man came into my shop. I feel like I've seen him before, but it was hard to point out. I wish I knew who he was sooner, but I was to busy being excited over having a costumer.