Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Peter POV (present time)

I climb the many god forsaken stairs as I try to reach the top of this crummy castle. I see mice scurry out of the way as I walk. Spiders crawl away at the sight of my torch. God, we really should get a house keeper. It's messy.

Once I reach the top of the stairs, I'm pleased to find a beautiful view. The sun was just about to set. And then the stars would come out.

I love the stars. I remember watching them when I was a kid. They are the one thing that never changed.

I look around the castle at it's isolated sight. Mountains start to come into view when I turn north. I know that many, many miles away, past the mountains, is the place where I use to call home. That stupid village with the castle. I've heard news that the village and the king became wealthy. It became the most know trading place. I hope that village burns to ash.

Angry thoughts of being alone and left unwanted filled my head. No one ever loved me. No one cared. I bet nobody looked for me when I ran away so many years ago.

I've changed since then.

I watch the sun set behind the mountains. The sky was filled with beautiful colors... But then the sun finally set and the sky turned black.

Just like I did.

But then, one by one, the stars begin to light up. Soon, the whole sky was filled up with stars. The moon laid peacefully in the sky along with them.

I don't know how long I stay out there, gazing at the stars, but my torch finally blew out. I cruse under my breath. I take the torch and head back inside.

As I walk down the stairs, more anger filled me. My blood boiled. My hands shake violently as I then run down the stairs. I ignore the mice and bugs as I reach the main part of the castle.

I scream in frustration and drop the torch. I get down on my knees.

I start to sweat and I could feel my face turn red. I put my head in my hands to block out the voices in my head.

"Kill them, kill them all!"

"Don't hold back!"

"Show everyone your new powers!"

"Destroy them all-"

"SHUT UP!!!" I yell at the top of my lungs. I stand up with such force that I accidentally release a wave of electricity around me. It shots out from me and onto the walls and burns up an old painting.

Poor painting.

The voices stop. Thank god. I try to process what just happened. I guess over the years my powers grew stronger.