Strands Intertwined - B76

Warnings - A Very Flustered and Love-struck Bastion

Characters - Bastion, Soldier 76

Pairings - Bastion/Soldier 76

Concepts - Female Gender-bend

The moment Bastion saw Soldier 76 he knew she was beautiful. Even though she was so very far away he knew she was beautiful. Bastion knew as he got out of the shuttle and stepped onto the tarmac that Soldier 76 was special. Her silvery locks glinted in the sunlight even as she turned to look at him, in the direction Mercy had pointed out to her.

There was a mask over her face, but even though Bastion knew that her eyes were beautiful. Their gazes met and in that instant the mech knew he loved Soldier 76.

She wasn't short, but she wasn't tall. Her hair was long and wavy, going down her back like a waterfall. Her shoulders were broad and her hips weren't too noticeably wide. Her legs were long and plainly muscled. Bastion absolutely adored her.

The mech was guided over to where she stood by Torbjorn. As he walked his gaze stayed on the soldier, and in turn her gaze never left his.

When he came to a stop in front of her he simply stared down at her, vaguely hearing an introduction from the small man next to him. He heard her name being said: Jacklyn Morrison. That was the perfect name to fit this perfect person. When she spoke Bastion's core gave a shudder.

"Hello, Bastion. I'm Jacklyn. Welcome to Overwatch." It was entirely too imposing and he absolutely loved it. It was sort of gravelly and low, reminding him of deer scratching against trees in the winter. He thought it fit her all too well.

She looked at him as if expecting a response. He made a flustered noise, suddenly feeling self conscious of himself. He replied with a shy hello and a thank you. She chuckled in return.

That noise Soldier 76 had made was amazing. It made him want to chuckle with her. It made him want to make her do it more in any way he could.

Mercy suggested that Jacklyn take him for a tour of the base and she obliged, beckoning him to follow her. He did without another thought. He would absolutely follow her anywhere.

As they walked through the base she talked about the various places and people. Bastion listened intently, grasping at her every word, loving every syllable that came out of her mouth. They met several people while they walked, though Bastion barely paid attention to them, waiting for Soldier 76 to continue their tour.

They stopped when they came to a door at the end of a hallway. "This will be your room when we clear everything out of there. Right now it's just storage." She gestured to the sign on the door that did in fact say "Storage" on it.

The mech nodded at her, his gaze never leaving her mask. She gazed back at him until she cleared her throat and turned away. "Come on, we've got to get you to Torbjorn and Winston, they'll get you set up."

Bastion followed her without a word.

~~

Bastion had been in Overwatch a little more than a month, and so far he had absolutely no luck getting closer to Jacklyn. He was too nervous and muddled with his thoughts to start a conversation with her. He would get flustered every time they touched and he couldn't help but stare every time he saw her. Bastion just absolutely loved the woman.

Sometimes he almost felt like the others knew what was happening. They gave him looks and glances whenever the soldier talked to him. They would give him pitying pats on the arm every once in awhile when they saw him staring. However, none of them had thought to intervene, for which Bastion was extremely grateful.