Flowers - B76 (Part 2)

Warnings: Near Death Experience, Extreme Pain

Characters: Bastion, Zenyatta, Soldier 76, Torbjorn, Mercy, Ana, Reinhardt, Tracer, Emily, D.Va, Lucio, Hanzo

Pairing: Bastion/Soldier 76

Concepts: Hanahaki Disease

When he arrived at the medbay he found Angela in the middle of experimentation, no doubt with another solution that she would try on him. She turned around upon hearing him enter. She looked frustrated and exhausted.

"I have tried several other compounds on the sample I took from you several days ago and yet I haven't found a solution! I don't know what else to do! I don't understand these flowers and I don't know how to proceed if I don't understand them! From what I can tell they're just regular Gladioluses but they aren't or else they wouldn't be growing all over you!" She kicked the counter and huffed before turning back to Bastion with a calmer expression.

Bastion asked if she was alright.

"Yes, I'm fine, just a bit frustrated. Now, what have you found out about love and the affliction you improbably have," she asked, walking over to her desk and sitting down, a clipboard in hand.

Bastion told her that he had gone to Zenyatta, Tracer, Ana, Reinhardt, and Jack for advice about being in love.

"Interesting choices," Angela said, "what information did they provide." She tapped her pen on her clipboard, listening intently.

Bastion said that Zenyatta had been helpful, and had talked about devotion. He also said Tracer was helpful. She had described in detail about being in love, no doubt towards Emily, who she had been video calling at the time. He said Ana had been a good source, but too broad to be enough help. Reinhardt and Jack at both been good help. Basiton hesitated to talk about Jack's explanation, and Angela seemed to notice this.

"What did Jack say?" She finished writing something down before looking up at him, again tapping the pen on the clipboard.

Bastion beeped his answer lowley, his equivalent of a mumble. He whispered to her that he had talked about rightness and warmth and how important that person is to you and how they make you feel when you're around them and when they're not. He also told her that Jack had talked about the loss of that person and how scary that reality is. Once he finished Angela sat there in silence, almost in a reflective manner.

"Do you feel what Jack described towards a person," she queried, getting her pencil ready to write.

Bastion nodded slowly. His neck was now wrapped in vines so it hurt to move his head too much.

"I see... May I ask who this person might be?"

Bastion tapped his fingers on his gun arm, his singular optic focused on the floor. After a moment he said Jack's name. When he looked up Angela didn't look surprised. He supposed that she wasn't supposed to look surprised; however, she did have a small smile on her face.

"Have you told him?"

Bastion said he had not. Once he had figured out that he was in love with Jack he had gone straight to Angela, both too nervous to tell him and eager to tell her his findings.

"I see... I believe.... I believe you should tell him." Angela sighed, setting down her clipboard and looking down at her desk.

Bastion beeped questioningly at her, not understanding why she wanted him to so soon after he found out his feelings.

"I don't know what else your affliction could be besides Hanahaki Disease. All of the signs are there, and none of my treatments have worked. And even though other scientists and doctors have never diagnosed an Omnic with Hanahaki Disease, it is not impossible. Especially one who has developed a personality and mentality such as yours," she gave a small smile that revealed her exhaustion. Bastion felt sympathy flower through his circuits, "besides, if you don't, I'm not sure how long you have to live. Usually people with this disease die within two years. You're an Omnic though, so I'm not sure how long the disease will affect you before something fatal occurs to your systems."