Flowers - B76 (Part 1)

I really like this ship y'all I'm sorry {:D  (Also this is an older fic of mine that I recently found, but I still love it)

Warnings: Dealing with Mortality, Pain, Possible unrequited love

Characters: Bastion, Zenyatta, Torbjorn, Mercy, Ana, Reinhardt, Tracer, Emily, D.Va, Lucio, Hanzo

Pairing: Bastion/Soldier 76

Concepts: Hanahaki Disease

The first time Bastion saw a flower growing out of his plating he had thought it was because Ganymede had accidentally dropped seeds into the seams of his plating. He had plucked it out and put it in a small jar he kept for flowers he found interesting. It had been a Gladiolus, a pretty flower that grew upward on its stem. The color had been a bright yellow. Bastion had admired it for a few moments before going about his day.

The next time Bastion saw a flower coming up out of his plating when he was in the garden meditating with Zenyatta. He had felt something twist between his neck cables and when he went to touch it he found another Gladiolus there. He picked it and looked at it, then showed it to Zenyatta who nodded with an unseen smile.

"It's very beautiful, Bastion."

Soon after the second time a flower sprouted from his plating came two more, this time when he was in the recreation room, watching Soldier:76 and Ana Amari play cards. Ana had asked for another card, which Jack had. He laughed, saying that she was cheating. The moment the laugh reached Bastion's audio receptors he felt something prickly climb through his neck cables. He placed his hand on the cables and found two more Gladioluses there. He picked them, beeping in slight distress. Why were these flowers still sprouting from his frame? Jack turned to ask if he was alright, and Bastion nodded. He was fine. This was just Ganymede dropping seeds in his plating when he was recharging. This was not something to worry about.

After that Bastion kept a very keen eye on the flowers that grew from his plating. Three more sprouted from his torso. He picked them and placed them in another water jar.

After those three came four more, this time they were accompanied by a vine that wrapped around his neck cables. It hurt. It felt as if his power core were being squeezed. He picked those and pulled out the vine, then he went to see Zenyatta.

Zenyatta seemed to be confused as well. Even with his vast knowledge of the world he had never heard of an Omnic sprouting flowers. He asked Bastion to see one of the flowers and Bastion obliged, pulling out one of the flowers that had sprouted while walking to see him. He examined it and asked Bastion if he knew what kind of flower it was. Bastion said he did and told him the type and what it meant. Zenyatta nodded and said he would investigate further.

After that Bastion began to feel the squeezing in his core get worse. It was beginning to hinder his ability to function. On a mission to a small town in Latin America he almost couldn't transform into a turret, and once he did it hurt. He had to recharge more frequently, and he was beginning to have trouble moving. It was worse when he was around Soldier:76. Jack would talk with the other members of Overwatch or just simply exist in the same space and Bastion would feel his core squeeze and a flower begin to sprout through his plating. He decided he should go see Torbjorn.

By the time Bastion got to see Torbjorn, his chest plating was covered in vines and flowers. Torbjorn looked at him with wide, bewildered eyes. He tried to open up Bastion's chest and core, but the vines wouldn't budge. He tried to burn the plants but they grew back right after. After he was done trying to pry Bastion open, he said he should go see Mercy.

Angela was also confused at the sight. Bastion was a garden on his own at this point and his core was hurting badly. She put him under her healing beam while she tried to concoct something that would get rid of the vines. Every solution she tried only temporarily solved the problem, even then best one had only worked for half a day; when Bastion limped back into the medbay Angela gasped, staring at his flower and vine covered frame. He beeped minutely, telling her it hurt. She told him that she would try something else and in the meantime he should get his mind off of it. He decided to go see if he could listen to people talk in the canteen.