Tortuous

Months had passed and I had moved on from Nico Morgan. I eventually started dating Jordyn and it was a roller coaster relationship. It was like we never hung out, and we only saw each other at school or when we went to the park. We had this complicated relationship with each other. He would send me paragraphs, made sure I was alright, and he waited for me. I've known Jordyn forever, and he had plans for us. However, I had plans with others. I thought I was in love with him once but it turns out that it was a façade. I still had to learn where to draw the line between saying I'm in love and actually experiencing it. I did love him but not in the way he wanted me to. Not in the way I loved another. But I couldn't bring myself to tell Jordyn that until this happened.
"Hey bae." Jordyn said.
"Hi." I said
"We need to talk."
"About."
"Look who we have here." Stacy added, "Little miss perfect, who stole my boyfriend."
"I don't even talk to your boyfriend." I said, "And can't you see I have my own."
"Let's go." Jordyn said.
"NO, stay awhile." Stacy said.
"DON'T DO THIS STACY!"
"Do what" I said.
"Bae I was going to tell you, I swear"  Jordyn said in a low voice.
"Stacy's pregnant with his baby." Nico said full of hurt.
The whole room turned completely black and the next thing I know I'm in the nurse's office.
"WH...what happened." I said.
"You fainted." The nurse said.
When Emilio and Nico came into the room and I can tell by their faces that they were genuinely concerned.
"Are you alright." Emilio said.
"I'm fine, please tell me that was a dream."
"It wasn't, Jordyn and Stacy belong with each other, they're bad people."
"I really know how to choose them."
"Hey you chose me well." Emilio said.
"Yeah you're right." I said.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that out loud." Nico said.
"Hey don't ever apologize." I said.
"I have to get to class, bye Kathy." Emilio said.
"How long have you known." I said to Nico.
"A month." Nico said.
"And you let me talk to someone like that."
"I didn't think that you would want to talk to me."
"Now I don't."
"I'll go get the nurse and see if she's done with her tests."
Just by the face expression when Jordyn walked through the door, I knew he was upset.
"I'm sorry, I was afraid to tell you... it happened before we got together." Jordyn said.
I don't care, It's over."
"I see, now that you know pretty boy is single.. You decided to drop me."
"N..No"
Jordyn latched on to my arm. His eyes were full with anger, revenge.
"YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU'RE RIGHT I WILL ALWAYS CHOOSE HIM OVER YOU, I LOVE HIM." I shouted.
He tightened his grip on around my arm. I tried to fight back, hitting him but it was no use. He was stronger than me. My arm began to ache with longing, longing that his hands would release me.  Then pain exploded against the side of his face, and he staggered blinking blood out of his right eye. Nico stood straight, eyes bulging with rage staring at his enemy with purple knuckles curled up into a ball. He felt my fingertips brush his hand and unfurled his fist. I let my hand slip around his until he could feel the heat of my palm press against his own.
Are you okay?" I said.
"I'm fine, Kathy no need to worry." Nico said, " I swear if he touches you again, I'll...."
"I'm good, see I can even do a handstand."
"You're cute, you know that."
"Everyone out except Jordyn, the nurse said, " now let's look at your eye."
We left.
"I will drive you home." Nico said
"Umm.. Emilio usually drives me home."
"I talked to Emilio already and I told him I was taking you."
"....k."
I thought, when did Emilio and Nico ever discuss things with each other? It was odd because I barely seen Nico and Emilio apart, but today they even ate lunch together.  They have never been friends and never in a million years would they try. So why now? What are they hiding?  I tend not to ask a lot of questions because questions never get answered around here. The school was built on the lies and secrets of everyone in it. For example the secret that Stacy and Jordyn kept. The secret Nico and I kept. Secrets are just being kept around here; nothing is told.
"KATHY, ARE YOU THERE?" Nico said, "HELLOOO."
"My bad, I was in my head." I said
"Well, we're here."
"This isn't my house."
"I know. It's mine."
It was like the house in the Great Gatsby, the movie Nico and I loved when we were close. His house had a gigantic fence with huge lush trees surrounding the pathway to what had seemed like a car dealership. One of his family's cars could pay my college tuition for all six years! You could see every room through the clean glass windows. I'm sure the architect got paid a pretty penny for this masterpiece.
"Your house is amazing."
"You're amazing."
"Why am I here?"
"I wanted us to hang out like old times."
Little did he know that it can never be like old times because I'm in love him and I have always been in love with him.
"This is stupid, I'm stupid, it can never be like old times." Nico says, "I know this."
"If you know this then why take me here?" I said.
"I don't want it like old times, I want more."
I got out the car. I took a deep breath.
"Okay let's go." I said.
"Okay." He chuckled.
I laughed.
I stared at Nico as he gazed back at me. I could feel the burning intensity of a million suns.
"Kathy," he whispered.