Caught

His face only inches from mine. The warmth of his breath lit me up like a candle. My heart started pounding quickly, thumping through every limb in my body. I could feel his eyes watching my every move, from the slight twitch of my lip to me trying to catch my breath. He leaned forward and slowly but swiftly his lips were on mine. They were as soft as I remembered. Softer even! They were perfect. He slid his hand on my thigh causing me to moan. Due to my action he abruptly freed a groan into my mouth in return. The effect I was having on him excited me even more, forcing me to move closer. Chest to chest. Letting our hands roam as they please. Caressing each other's body parts as if they were foreign to one another. As his hands reached for my pants buckle I could feel my heart ready to jump out of my body.
"Excuse me, what's going on here." Ms. Morgan said.
" ——Mom!" Nico said.
"Mom? Mom, h...hi Ms. Morgan."
"Mom, we were just ..."
"She was just leaving." Ms. Morgan said.
"Yeeah, I was." I said.
"Why are you being rude? Kathy, you don't have to leave."
"It's fine really."
"I'll drive you."
"No, I'll walk, my house is only a couple blocks away." I lied.
"See, problem solved." Ms. Morgan said, "Now Nico, we have business to discuss."
I ran out the house before Nico could say anything else. I forced my legs to push harder, my breaths were sharp and frantic, and my eyes were wide filled with tears.Everyone already decided on me a long time ago and so had Ms.Morgan. She didn't like me for two reasons. Reason #1 in her eyes I would never be good enough for her son and reason #2 was because of a situation that happened last summer exactly around the time Nico and I shared our first kiss. Nico and I were in his house and we were just kids having fun. At that time nothing in the world mattered, just being in that moment was all we could've asked for. We were in his room doing what we usually do which is watch tv or joke around. It was completely harmless.
"Come here Kathy." Nico said.
"No." I said.
"Did you just say no."
"Ye..s."
All of the sudden, He grabs my waist and pulls me close. For a minute and only for a minute we stared into each other's eyes wanting more. Nothing could go wrong. I could see our future, I could see children,I could see happiness,and I could see no matter what happens we would always come back to each other.
"Wow! You're cute, you know that." Nico said.
"Duh. I know that." I said.
"I really want to kiss you right now."
"So what are you waiting for."
Before we knew it we got interrupted by the slamming of the front door. Then that's when we heard her.
"Nico is going to be ready to step up to the plate when I say he is," Ms. Morgan said furiously, "My son has killer in his blood don't be mistaken."
"Nico your mom sounds pretty angry." I said.
"Kathy, I need to tell you something."
"You can tell me anything."
"I don't want anything to do with my family ties to italy."
"What family ties?"
"Yeah what family ties Nico." Ms.Morgan said.
"I was just.. tell..ing kathy that I like family guy." Nico said.
I let out a giggle.
"What's funny KATHY." Ms.Morgan roared furiously.
"Nothing ma'am." I said.
"You sound familiar." Ms.Morgan said.
"MOM! That's so rude, Kathy has been my friend since freshman year of college. You've met Kathy a HUNDRED TIMES!" Nico said.
"I don't trust her." Ms. Morgan said.
"We are leaving mom. I won't let you ruin my friendship, not when I lov... bye mom."
She pursed her lips and raised her hand back. She threw her hand forward as hard as she could, whipping it across his face. I looked at Nico to see his fire red cheek. The idea of anyone hurting Nico made my blood boil. I clenched my fist up ready to throw all my weight behind it and to make Ms.Morgan regret what she had just done. She glanced at my face then looked down to see my fist curled up into a ball and left. Nico grabbed me and held me tight because he knew that I was upset. I could tell he was frustrated at the fact that he couldn't tell me what he wanted to tell me that day. I also could tell that Ms. Morgan despised me ever since. I don't know if it was because he almost said he loved me or because I heard everything she said that day and knew what it meant. What was she hiding? What did Nico want to tell me? But I knew I was a nobody, an outsider, a girl born in a neighborhood where a lot of crime happens. Where there are broken fences, yellow grass, indoor furniture outside, pregnant teenagers, people don't take care of themselves or their children, drug dealing, and graffiti everywhere. Sometimes I wished that I was from the other side of town, the side of town where I attended the most prestigious school. But I'm glad I'm not because if I did I'll be the very definition of corrupt. On my way home, there were these guys that were standing outside and I knew something felt off. .
"Hey baby." one said.
"Where you going." another voice said.
I continued to run home and I could feel them chasing me. I started to run faster, the sound of my heartbeat fill my ears, and fear filled my body like blood. They rapidly were gaining speed behind me. A scream busted through my lungs as I plummeted toward the ground for that was the only weapon I could use. I looked up and noticed that there was 2 men around me laughing.
"Wh.. what do you want?"
"To kill you." he said.
"Wh.. what. Why?" I cried.
"Because you fucked up by loving Nico."
"Bro, I can't wait to get that 20 million." the other man said.
That's when I knew that my life was worth nothing but a check. Why would someone want to kill me for loving Nico? More importantly who would? Stacy? Ms. Morgan? Jordyn? Those were the only people who I could think of that could afford to pay someone to kill me and that actually disliked me.