Chapter 19: Epilogue: Together Again

Five years. Five years of 'treatment'. Five years of visits to mental facilities and cushy psychiatrist offices. Five years of being treated like glass by his family and friends. Five years of being reminded almost every other minute of who he really was. Harry Potter. Harry Potter. Harry Potter.

But they were wrong.

They were so, so very wrong. They were wrong because they couldn't see the truth. The truth that Tom had known back when he'd found him again in another body. The truth that, now, he knew too. He was Harry Potter. But he was Harry Riddle too.

He'd said what he had to in order to get them to relax. To pull back. To stop watching him quite so closely, and then to stop watching him at all. To call him cured. Cured of the 'manipulations' that the 'maniac' had subjected him to. Cured of the 'fantasy'.

But they were wrong about that, too.

He'd resumed wearing their ring the moment that he'd been able to move out on his own. The moment that he'd left his supposed family and supposed friends behind, that he'd left Colorado behind, to begin his search. His search for his husband. He'd go to the ends of the earth to find him again, if he had to. He wouldn't give up. Not ever.

Tom had found him in another body. So it stood to reason that he would be able to find Tom in another body, if he looked hard enough. And two years later, seven years after his precious husband's brutal murder by the self-proclaimed police, he'd succeeded.

His name was Tom Gaunt, now, and he lived in a large house in the woods about half an hour outside Seattle. He worked as a model and liked to go out on the weekends to backpack the more rugged and isolated trails through the surrounding forests.

Like he was doing now.

His husband was alone in the deserted parking lot on a chill October morning, bent forward and fiddling with something in the hatch back of his car. He didn't notice the raven slipping out from behind the trunk of a tree or silently approaching him, but went deadly still the moment Harry looped the hand with the knife around his neck and pressed his face into his back. Between his shoulder blades. Breathing in his scent.

Not the same-instead of cinnamon and clove it was pine and orange peel-but that was alright. That didn't matter. All that mattered was that they were back together. Everything would be fine again once he reminded him of whom he really was. Once they were home again.

"I've missed you, my darling." He purred. "I'll never let us be parted again."

its the end now i'm gonna focus in my other book called In the Heart of the Sea book 

thank you for reading this book (T~T)