Chapter 13: Anniversary

By the time that Tom was finished setting up and cooking, the kitchen looked like a five star restaurant and the entire cabin smelled amazing. All of the lights on the lower floor had been dimmed down to their lowest setting, replaced with what had to be close to a hundred white wax candles and the sun had set outside, leaving silver moonlight to spill through the wall to wall windows. The kitchen table had been changed out for a much smaller, far more intimate one draped in a pristine white table cloth and sprinkled with the petals of the blood red roses which had been arranged in a vase in the center. Before both chairs were fluted crystal glasses filled with fine champagne.

Tom stood beside the table in a collared shirt and slacks, smiling at him with a mixture of unhidden adoration and desire in his eyes.

"Tom, this is incredible." He stepped into the brunet's arms. "I feel under dressed; I'm only in a t-shirt and jeans."

"It doesn't really matter what either of us has on, in the end, love. After all we're just going to end up taking it off by the time that this night is over." He nibbled gently on the shell of his ear and Harry shivered, of half a mind to suggest forgetting about the food if it hadn't been for the work he knew his husband had put into it.

"I suppose that's true." Tom's hands slid down his back and passed his hips, gently kneading the globes of his arse through the fabric of his jeans and smirking at the little gasp that he made. "What are we having? It smells incredible."

"Coq Au Chamberlin; only the best for you, my dearly beloved. And good French Champagne. Cherry trifles for dessert." Tom pulled out his chair for him. "Shall we dine?"

"Yes, please!"

He chuckled softly as Harry all but leapt into his chair, barely able to make himself wait for the brunet to do the same before he started eating.

"Breathe and chew, Harry. You'll choke to death otherwise."

"I'd die happy if I did." He cautiously sipped his glass of champagne, finding the alcohol much less pleasant than the food.

"What's wrong?"

He must have made a face without realizing it. "It's dry."

"It's champagne, doll." The angle of his wrist as he lightly swirled the golden liquid practically dripped elegance. If Harry were to be completely honest he was rather jealous of Tom's effortless grace. "You don't have to drink all of it if you don't want to. Would you like me to get you some water instead?"

"Yes, please, if it isn't too much trouble."

"You're never too much trouble. Never any trouble at all." Tom gently stroked the back of his knuckles along Harry's cheek before getting up and retrieving the water. "Here you are."

"Thank you."

"Would you like seconds or are you ready for dessert?"

"That's a hard question." He wasn't kidding. At all. Harry actually had to think that question over for almost a minute much to Tom's amusement. "Dessert?"

"Is that a question?"

"No?"

"Is that a question?"

"Can we please just have dessert, Tom?"

"Of course, Harry."

The trifles looked amazing and tasted even better. Tom only nibbled at his own dessert, too engrossed in watching the raven enjoy his to really bother too much with it.

"Was it good?" Harry nodded around his last mouthful of desert. "Really?" Another nod. Tom acted before he could pull away, smearing some of the dark chocolate shavings and cherry liquor across his lips like lip gloss then leaning forward over the table to kiss him. Painstakingly licking it off before pulling back with a grin. "It's alright, but you taste much better."