(5) Picking It Up Again

That afternoon Makayla got into her closet and pulled out her guitars and keyboard she sat them up in her bedroom. She sat down on her hanging chair began to tune her acoustic guitar then started to play "Better Man" By Little Big Town.

Everyone was in the kitchen when they heard her playing and singing. Jordan looked at his wife and smiled. Mitchell looked at Bucky and Brady they ran down  to the basement where their drums and key boards and guitars were Jordan left the door open so she could hear. The boys started to play with her even though she was in her room. She heard them and shook her head as she sang.

Then she went into "Break Down Here" by Julie Roberts. She heard a voice coming down the hall and another guitar. Her door was pushed open she saw her twin brother Mitchell. He helped her get her stuff down to the basement.

Then she finished the song into the microphone as she played once she got downstairs.

She started to play "Good As Gone" by Little Big Town

She started to play "Good As Gone" by Little Big Town. Jordan and Elizabeth came down with James and Winnie with their drinks and their grandparents on face time. "They are picking it up again." Gloria said.

"Looks that way." James said

"Oh that's great. Hopefully we can convince them to play during the trip." Mabel said

She finished that song picked up her electric guitar and started to play "Undo It" then started to sing the song. Elizabeth looked at Jordan "That pent up anger Jordan is coming out." she whispered in his ear. "Yeah all those times he wouldn't let her fight back." he whispered

Bucky started to play "Separate Ways" by Journey . It was the song he played for the first few months after him and Makayla broke up and she started to date Dallas. She was the first to move on after they broke up then he started to date his girlfriend Maci when Makayla and Dallas had been together six months.

She started up the "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac. "Oh hell yeah" Jordan said as he clinked his beer with James' beer. "The first song they all learned together." Elizabeth said

Mabel and Gloria were still on the phone with their grandpas sitting with them. Then Bucky and Makayla went into the guitar solos where they battle each other with Ace on the drums. Then she took off her guitar feeling a little woozy.

"You alright Makakyla?' Maxie said

"Yeah.. I'm fine." she said

"You look like how you look at practice when you passed out last week." Becca said

"I'm fine okay.." she said as she walked upstairs.

"She passed out at practice." Mitchell said

"Yeah.. I'm not sure if she has said anything but she's been doing it alot lately." Maxie said

Elizabeth said "And coach lets her continue practice."

"Yeah Makayla is stubborn won't listen when coach says that she needs to take it easy." Becca said

Jordan sighed.

"Well hopefully whatever it is is just a phase." Winnie said

That weekend was a cheer competition the girls walked out on the floor Bucky and Mitchell were sitting with their brothers and parents. Half way through the routine Makayla went up into her mount and did a flip when everything went black for her. "Makayla" Jordan as she hit the floor.

The whole venue went quiet then Becca and Maxie ran over to her. "Makayla.." Maxie said as she helped her sister up once she came to. "Oh Makayla come on." Maxie said with Becca on the other side of her. The EMTs wanted to check her out but she refused to let them. Jordan said "Baby please let them check you out."

"No dad I'm fine for god sakes I passed out." she said as she walked away to get her bag and get on the bus.

"Dad.." Mitchell said

"Yeah.." he said

"I'm worried about my sister." Mitchell said

Jordan wrapped his arm around him and said "I am too. "

Bucky came up to them "What did the EMTs say?'

"She refused to let them check her out." Mitchell said

"What? She falls out of a stunt cause she passed out and she's refusing medical attention." Bucky said

"Yeah.. anyways let's go boys it's time to go home." Jordan said

That night Makayla was in her room packing her bags for the trip since they were leaving on Monday. She locked her bedroom door as she counted how many diet pills she had left in  the bottle she had been using. She threw a extra bottle into her make up bag to be safe.

She heard someone trying to open her door "Makayla.." Bucky said

She jumped and hid her pills then closed her bag. She unlocked the door "hey.." she said

"Hey are you sure that you are okay?' he said

"Yeah I"m fine I swear." she said

"What were you doing that you had your door locked?' he said

"I was packing just wanted to be alone and not bothered." she said

"Okay well I guess I'll see you later then." he said as he left.

She finished packing her bags then she went to bed.