13

"You seem to be nicer than usual." ~ Lee Eun-Byul

"We are going on a..." she choked on her words, her jaw dropping in disbelief. "A what?!" She finished, looking at Jimin with a strong stare.

"Once again, yes I know, it's weird... but we are going on a 'date', after the meeting," Jimin replied, sighing as he paced around her wide room.

"Where are we even going?" She asked, standing up. Jimin glanced over at her figure, his eyes scanning her angered face. He fully turned her way, fidgeting with his small fingers.

"That's what I don't know, dad didn't confirm it. So, we really just have to go to the meeting, and let the driver take us to where we'll be." Jimin answered, making her sigh.

"Alright, fine. I'll just... have to bring a spare change of clothes." She shrugged, grabbing a pair of her casual clothes and setting it out.

"Exactly, why?" Jimin asked, making her laugh-scoff.

"What if King Park asks us to go to the amusement park? You think I'll be running around in a beautiful gown, that I could ruin?"

"He won't do that."

"How do you know? A man can be full of secrets."

"Whatever, just get ready soon. I'll be waiting for you at the carriage, so be down in five minutes." Jimin rushed, turning on his heel and heading out her room. 

He quickly closed her bedroom door, let out a big puff of air. 

"That was... nerve-racking," Jimin muttered, heading down the stairs of the palace and out towards the carriages.

Eun-Byul quickly finished grabbing all her stuff and getting into a proper dress, strolling down the hall with heels on, looking like a proper princess should.

"Ms. Lee, why are you bringing a pair of your casual clothes?" A maid asked out of the sudden, making Eun-Byul stop in her tracks.

"Just in case... preparing for whatever may happen. Don't worry." Eun-Byul flashed a smile at the girl, before turning away and heading down the stairs and out to the carriages as well.

~

"So, who exactly are we meeting with?" Eun-Byul asked as they reached a slightly smaller palace than the Park's, its colors admitting a radiant yellow.

"Remember one of the princesses, Hyo-Ri?" Jimin asked as the carriage doors opened, letting the two out.

"Of course," Eun-Byul replied, grinning. Jimin felt a small smile raise on his face before he quickly hid it.

"Well, we are meeting with her family over a little bit of a compromise or contract," Jimin stated, making Eun-Byul nod.

"Over what, exactly-"

"Just stop asking questions." Jimin intervened, making her growl and turn away. Eun-Byul was always very curious at times like this; she couldn't help that she was practically now a princess and was part of royal affairs.

"My gosh, sorry." She sighed, making him glance over at her. He couldn't help but feel bad for her. She was only trying to be her best. 

He nudged her and lent out his hand, making her eye it like it was some kind of unknown species.

"Listen, I know in the contract, we can't touch each other, but we are going for a meeting and we need to look more... casual with each other." Jimin explained. Eun-Byul sighed, nodding and grabbing the prince's hand softly.