Thirteen: Giving it a shoot.

Cambridge Massachusetts, U.S.A
Friday, 14th September.
4:00pm
Harvard University...

Hamal was really happy that Janaan has people to call friends, Muslims or non-muslims, that's not the problem. The ones that will be able to stick to you through thick or thin, they are the people someone like Janaan need at this stage of her life and she found them. Even he is their friend, they hung out twice this week. But what he doesn't like is, they're trying to snatch her from him- she taking most of her time with them instead of him in their apartment.

He also helped with the apartment in their floor. When they asked for an apartment, the manager said they can only give them the one in twelfth floor but he went to the manager and they did some talks, they immediately gave them one in thirteenth floor. And now, it's only three rooms between them. Janaan always spend her afternoons and evenings there, much to Hamal's disappointment.

Today being Friday, they wanted to have a girl's night which Hamal was really not looking forward to. He wanted to start making his move but they're trying to ruin everything, even though Mia is helping him secretly at the moment.

Their conversation was what is playing over and over in his head for days, they talked on Wednesday. And she has so many good points..
*
"Honcho, I can see that you really like Nanu," what she calls Janaan. "..but you're holding back and avoiding it and that's not how it works." She had said at the café they were sitting, waiting for their order.

They were alone and 'cause they both have free period at that moment. He was driving out of the school to the nearest café- to get a hot caffeine to clear his morning flummoxed head- when he saw her walking out of the school also then offered a ride and they found out their destination was the same.

"I know! I know! You just won't understand, she's dating my cousin brother and it looks like they love each other. I'm not supposed to be the one to ruin their perfect relationship, I don't wanna be a homewrecker or in my case, relationship wrecker," he shakes his head in denial.

"Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing. And that's exactly what you're doing. Because they are together, doesn't mean you don't have a chance with her." She almost glare at him.

"And what I did to her in the past, do you think she'll ever forgive me for that?" he raised a brow at her. "She'll never forgive me for that, even though she said she did but there is another thing apart from that. I was a beast!" He took a deep breathe, his eyes yawing red.

"Don't say that. She has a big heart, you of all people should know that. I know she's hiding something huge from her past, but that doesn't mean it has anything to do with you. Not one thing, she has this mysteriousness in her eyes that nobody can make her break it, not even you. Give it a shoot and see where it goes. You're not supposed to be afraid of rejection, especially with what you did to her," she glare at him fully this time.

"Okay, stop glaring at me now. I can see you really care about her and so do I. I want to think right now," he pinched the bridge of his nose to dematerialize some of the frustration he's feeling.

"Of course I care about her. She has become a very huge part of me in the span of two days, just like the sister I never had. There is nothing to think about, just get her or she'll slip out if your grasp forever," she fumed, taking a sip from her espresso which was served when they were both fuming.

"You're right. I think I should make my move before I'm too late. What do you suggest I do?" He asked and she gave him her evil grin before she start to tell him her already plotted plan.
*
And now, as he was sitting in the school library with Alqasim by his side, he start to arrange the plot again. He was thinking about doing it today, but he'll have to beg Mia and Lia to help him postpone the girls night. That's if they want to help him and not want to chop his head for not doing it earlier.