Sixteen: Door to future.

Cambridge Massachusetts, U.S.A.
07:00pm.

Days roared pass them as they both try to keep their selves busy and not to bump into each other which they succeeded or she succeeded as Hamal was trying his very best to reach to her, the more he tried, the harder she avoided him. Abruptly pushing people out of the way when she'd caught the glimpse of him, or pulling Lia or Mia to stand in front of her.

That didn't work much as Hamal almost approached Mia when she will hide behind her but thankfully, Lia was there to stop him with some chitchats and she will slide away. She couldn't just look at him and the dark circles under his eyes that were very prominent. The glint in his eyes is gone like it was never there before.

That gave her hope and slight happiness which she was always guilty about. She's happy that his happiness and joy lies in her hand, she's happy that without her, that glint that always shine his eyes will not be there. His love was true but she still didn't know why she's acting childish and not moving on from that. It is like she wants to punish him for some unknown reasons. Very prosperous!

No, not to move on with someone. To move on from the heartbreak and rejection so she could be happy and whole again. She hate to see him suffering even though she's also suffering but it's like all their happiness is now in her hands and she's the only one to bring the life in them. What will she do? As always, no answer. She's always trying to poise the pros and cons.

The thing that has being bugging her is, if she won't accept him now, she knew she'd accept him later. What's the difference? Will it change anything? No, that's the answer in big capital letters but she's just not ready to accept him just yet. She thought all the three weeks weren't enough for him. As bad as it is for her to feel, she's happy that he's looking miserable, he has been an empty shell, just like her!

Did he give up? Oh hell no! Hamal never gives up and so, he didn't give up. He always ask Lia or Mia if she wants to see him or if they could pass her their phones so he could talk to her but she'd decline blatantly. She hates to admit this also, but she misses him terribly. His scent, stupid grin, mischievous glint in his eyes, every single thing about him. Even his cold eyes.

Not to forget the endless phone calls, messages, full voice mails, messages in all her social media account but none replied. She'd see the notification then read it but she wouldn't open it cause he would know and he'll think that she has forgiven him which she did but isn't ready to hear his side of story, she knew there is more.

"Will you stop over thinking and come here so that we can finish the plan, I'm still clueless!" Lia yelled from her bedroom.

She has been looking for the outfit that will look beautiful on Janaan when she'll go to meet Hamal. She told them that she was okay with her baggy shirt and tights or maxi dress. But Lia being Lia, protested, even writing it on a paper. 'You won't wear baggy clothes. We don't agree!' As stupid as it sounds. So Janaan can't escape from this.

"I'm coming woman, geez!" She yelled back before dragging Mia with her as she can't deal with a determined Lia alone.

"You know you have to dress her like a Muslim huh? Don't think of any stupid dress of yours'," Mia joked when Lia was going through her dresses.

"At least, they are not sleazy," Lia huffed.

They all knew she wasn't looking for something to give Janaan as they respect her religion. They even wake her up for Asr most of the time as she'll sleep from the exhaustion at school. She really appreciate their existence. She loves that they're trying their very best to adjust with her which they already did and now they're intrigued with it.