Chapter 10: Did They Make It In Time?

Chan wheezed out whenever he could barely breathe with Sungjin's hand around his throat. His eyes were watering due to the lack of air, the boy unable to resist as his body was numb with pain. His neck was bleeding due to a large scratch, his mouth filled with blood due to coughing it up. He knew his head was bleeding, and his legs being scratched up from being on the ground. Sungjin didn't let up until Chan was nearly going to literally pass out from no air in his system. He felt the hard concrete hit his body, as he gasped for air, curling in on himself.

"Pathetic. Let's go, make sure you have the lighter."

Sungjin scoffed, before looking at Young K. Young K nodded, and soon Chan heard crackling noises, his eyes weakly opening. Fire flickered in front of him, spreading all around him. Chan only could think of how his members were safe, that thought enough to let him lay there and accept his fate. He closed his eyes, letting everything go numb for him. He was ready to accept death with open arms. Clearly, fate had other plans, gunshot's sounding outside, and the door being slammed open. Chan couldn't open his eyes though, his body too weak to do anything but attempt to breathe.

He felt himself being lifted, the heat getting way to warm as the person moved out immediately. Finally, Chan was able to force his eyes open, looking at the person carrying him to see Minho who had tears streaming down his face. Chan smiled a bit, before just letting his head drop on the youngers chest, eyes shutting once again as voices around him were muffled. The last sound he heard was Minho's heartbeat coaxing him asleep.

....

Minho paced in the room, before he finally sat down next to the bed Chan was resting on after having his wounds being patched up. Woojin had told Minho that Chan will need someone there when and if he wakes up, but Minho corrected him that Chan will DEFINITELY wake up. Minho looked at Chan's pale face, eyes watering immediately. He didn't want to know that Chan could end up dying on that bed, or wouldn't wake up for a long time.

Minho stood up, and walked out of the room straight into Woojin's arms, letting his tears out. He sobbed pitifully, clutching onto the older boy. Woojin held onto Minho gently, sighing,

"I'm sorry Minho.. he's in a lot of pain i know it, but he.. i know he's strong. He'll make it, i promise.."

Minho nodded, hoping that Woojin was telling the truth.

....

It's been a few weeks since they saved Chan, and he still hasn't woken up. At points it terrified Minho, thinking that Chan was giving up and letting himself slowly die, but the steady heart rate, and how the leader's lips would occasionally twitch made Minho believe he would be fine. Minho sat in the room, sitting on the couch they put in there, reading a book until he looked up to see Yeosang following Woojin into the room, including Hongjoong and Changbin. Minho frowned,

"What's going on..?"

"We know someone who can help Chan... Or at least Yeosang does but we need your approval."

Woojin explained, looking at Minho. Minho frowned, confused out of his mind, before gesturing for him to  explain.

"Yeosang.. Yeosang knows a vampire. A real vampire, and he can help save Chan from dying. Basically he'll be half human, half vampire. So that he doesn't have to deal with drinking blood, and can eat normal human food, and have the same life span as a human, but he'll have enhanced speed, smelling, hearing, and strength..."

"So basically you're going to save Chan by giving him some vampire abilities but letting him live without drinking blood?"

Minho asked, Yeosang smiling and nodding. Minho scrunched his nose, thinking about it for a moment, before he sighed,

"Fine. Go ahead."