××twenty-nine××

*Buzz*

Through a speaker, *hello how may I help you?*

"Hi romelle, I'm here to talk to Adam."

*yes of course!*

The door unlocked, and keith stepped inside the huge building. The lobby was open, and almost completly golden from top to bottom.

In the middle of the room, was a front desk. At that desk was a blonde woman with the cutest smile, and the longest pigtails.

"Heya keith! It's been so long! Everyone in the building has missed you." Romelle smirked, "especially the office ladies" *wink*

"Ugh. Is there a way to Adam's office that avoides them? I'm in a time crunch."

"You don't remember? Theres the VIP elevator down the hall."

"Oh yeah! ...I just have a bad memory. eheh"

She dug through a small drawer, and handed keith a key, "heres your old key. I dont know why you dont just keep it."

He put it into his pocket, "thankyou. I'll lose it for sure, its safer in your hands when I dont need it"

<×><×><×>

The elevator button rang when keith pressed it.

The ride up felt like it took forever, since he has a slight anxiety when it comes to elevators.

He finally got out, and whispered to himself, "dammit. I forgot this elevator still makes me cut through one of the offices. Shes totally going to see me."

He looked around, and hurried over to a familiar face, "hey! Shay!"

"Huh?", she turned, "oh my God!" And ran into keith, giving him a sweet hug.

"Hows my old assistant doing these days?"

"Old assistant?! Please." She bowed,  "I'm forever at your service."

"Good! Becuase I need a favor. Is Nyma in today?"

"Ah yes the office gold digger. She's here. Just on a break at the moment."

"Great. I'm here for a meeting with adam, could you make sure she doesnt see me so-"

"So she doesnt harass you about a date?"

"Exactly. I'm not single anymore so I cant have people talking."

Shay's soul left her body, "say what now?"

He boasted, "yeah. I've gotten myself a cute boyfriend."

"..." she just stared blankly.

"Uh... shay?"

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I HAVE TO MEET HIM!"

"Of course! I'd be rude of me not to show of my boyfriend to my best friend."

"Yes yes yes!! What's his name?!"

"Oh! I forgot he works here you might actually know him."

"What rank?"

"He works on the CEOs floor. Just like you and Nyma. But the difference between you and her are you work hard, and shes only here because whoever hired her to be their assistant thinks shes hot."

"Tru. But what's his name? I'm actually really curious now."

"Lance."

"No way!! Hes so cute! I've never really talked to him but hes a really hard worker. I heard he got paid leave for some reason though.... you did it didnt you."

"Thats... complicated. I cant really go into it."

"Okay you freak, go have your meeting. But I've decided we are going out for lunch after boss."

"You got it!"