{17} It's okay to cry.

*Jack G's POV*

Why can't I see anything?

It's pitch black.

-

I hear a high-pitched scream. It sounds familiar.

It sounds like... like... like mom.

"Mom?" I call out.

Nothing.

All I hear is an eerie silence. This is some horror movie shit.

I hear a menacing laugh.

The laugh that I grew to hate. And I'm suddenly filled with anger with a small wave of sadness.

Who knows what he did to her that caused her to scream

I see his figure slowly approach me. Once I can fully see him, I see that he has a grin plastered on his face. "Didn't think I would be back did you?" He laughs.

"What did you do to mom you fucking bastard?" I say through gritted teeth. He shrugs, still grinning evilly.

"It's not as bad as what I'm going to do to you" he laughs and slowly approaches me. I start walking backwards, only to be met with a brick wall.

I'm trapped. I have no where to go.

I close my eyes, waiting for him to just get it over with.

I feel a tear fall from my face.

He pushes me to the ground. "Stop fucking crying you fucking baby" he yells at me, spitting on my face during the process. He kicks my face. Then he kicks my stomach. Then he kicks my knee.

"S-stop please" I cry out. He doesn't listen. He continues beating me, like he has before.

"Jack? Jack wake up please. You're scaring me! Jack!" I feel someone tugging on my arm.

I open my eyes slowly and sit up on Sam's bed. "Thank god. You were scaring me" Jack sniffles and embraces me tightly.

I stay quiet. I realized when i woke up that I had another nightmare and that I was crying in my sleep again.

"W-was it about your... your dad?" Jack chokes out. I don't respond again, I simply nod in his shoulder, not wanting to talk about it.

"Jack say something please" he says to me.

I can't say anything though. My throat is dry. I point to my throat, implying that I need water. Jack nods and quickly scurries out of the room.

He comes back a few minutes later with a glass of water in his hand. I take it and chug it down. Once I'm done, I set it on the nightstand beside Sam's bed.

"I don't want you seeing me like this" I say barely audible. I turn around in the bed so I'm facing the window.

Jack wraps his small arms around my waist and lightly kisses my cheek. "It's okay to cry, you know?" he whispers.

"No it's not. I don't want to look like a baby" I say, without thinking. This triggered what dad had said in my nightmare and I feel another tear roll down my cheek.

"You're not a baby for crying" he says softly and his lips caress the side of my neck.

I feel another tear roll down my cheek and I give up and let the tears fall freely.

I turn around and hug Jack tightly, not wanting to let him go.

"He- he started beating me again and I-I got scared" I choke out. The tears won't stop.

"Shh, he's gone. Okay? He's never coming back and if he does, I'll make sure to beat him up" Jack says, his tone soft and comforting.

I sniff and pull away from the hug. I press my lips to Jack's. I made it short and sweet, not wanting things to get heated in Sam's bed.

"Thank you" i say against his lips and pull away.

"I would do anything just to see your beautiful smile again."