Flowers for She-Ra Part 4

Adora doesn't have a grappling hook. She doesn't know where to find a grappling hook. She does know where to find Glimmer.

She knocks on the door. After a moment, Glimmer answers.

"I need a grappling hook," Adora tells her.

Glimmer yawns. "Why?"

"I got into a fight with Catra, and I think she's on the roof now, but I can't get up there."

"I'm not sure a grappling hook is the solution to that."

"I can't climb up without one."

"Adora..." Glimmer sighs. "Maybe she needs time to cool off."

"She's mad at me!" Adora says helplessly.

"Do you know why she's mad at you?"

"Because we fought."

"About what?" Glimmer insists.

Adora starts to pace anxiously. "I don't know! I thought she was upset I lied to your mom, and she was, but it was because she was worried about me getting in trouble, and I said I understood and I'd try harder but that made her more upset with me and I think, maybe she doesn't believe me that I'm trying, or she does but it's just not good enough, she was already mad over the trip, I thought it went well but-"

"Adora," Glimmer interrupts. "What do you normally do when this happens?"

"I get a grappling hook so I can climb up wherever she went!" Adora repeats. Isn't that obvious? "And something to make her forget whatever I did if I can, but I don't know what that would be this time."

Glimmer shakes her head. "Adora... Just because she's mad doesn't mean it's your fault."

"It's not always my fault but this time it's my fault, I said the wrong thing."

"I know she's your friend..." Glimmer starts, like Adora hasn't heard this before.

"She is! She's my best friend."

"It just doesn't seem like she's very nice to you."

"No, no, you don't understand, the whole fight started because she was worried about me. She's always had my back, ever since we were little kids."

"We literally met Catra electrocuting you in the back."

"Because she was worried about me! And she said sorry! She didn't mean for it to be set that high! And - and it was just reflex the second time, she said so!" She shouldn't have gone to Glimmer. She's just making this worse. She pleads, "I'm not mad about it, don't be mad about it, it was an accident."

Glimmer huffs. "Are you ever mad about any of it?"

"Yeah, sometimes, but there's no point in staying mad."

"Then the same goes for her, right?"

Adora almost explains that it's not the same at all. Catra always gets in trouble when she does something wrong, so, so much trouble, and how could anyone still be mad on top of that? But Glimmer doesn't know that Catra's always doing the wrong thing and getting in trouble. Nobody here knows that. And maybe if no one knows it's true, it doesn't have to be.

"Look," Glimmer says, touching her shoulder. "Why don't you try waiting for her to come back in her own time? And if she's still mad, ask her why, don't just apologize."

"Yeah," Adora says, managing a nod. "She really - she is a good person. She really was worried, and she was right. I wasn't thinking when I tried to lie to the queen, I was acting like it was how things were back in the Horde."