Chapter 15: Adam and Eve

Karl Heinz P.O.V

It's been 2 weeks since I've had Rie under my care. She's a very fast learner and she adapts very quickly, just like her mother. Speaking of her mother, when I shall tell her the truth?

"You should tell me the truth now" I was startled when I saw Rie infront of my door.

"How did you?!" She then blew on my ear.

"I've been training right? This is the result of 2 weeks training" she then appeared infront of me, smirking.

"I can match up with any vampire now...Even you" she grinned evilly and I woke up.

'It was just a dream' I thought to myself.

I look around my surroundings and then I heard a knock on the door.

"Father" This voice!

"Come in" I said as I regained my composure.

She went in and her scent became stronger, Is it because of her training?

"When will you tell me the truth? I've been yearning for it for a very long time! This might be my last chance.. You promised..." Tears were visible from her eyes.

'But I still don't have the guts'

"Please!" She pleaded but I told her something I shouldn't have.

"Find for yourself! I don't even know a single thing!" I then covered my mouth as i realized what I just said.

Her eyes stopped tearing up. She gritted her teeth and closed her eyes.

"....wow...Such a traitor. The truth is, even just 2 weeks, I'm already exceeding a regular exceeds powers. I'm already stable too. And guess what? In the near future, you'll be killed in by the hands of your very own" she said in a cold tone.

"I'll just find it for myself then" she left in a blink of an eye.

'What have I done?'

Rie P.O.V

Father's just been playing all nice to me! I bet he just wanted to use me! I'll think of something. I know! I'll go to the mansion again. I'll just pack my stuff and get my mom's diary.

Wait. I sat on my bed thinking of what happened this past few weeks.

Firstly, he asked for Beatrix's ponytail. Then on monday, he got the dress of Cordelia.

"Oh! Master Subaru, It's been a while since I saw you" Isn't that Gracie's voice?

Unintentionally, I opened the door and ran into Subaru's arms.

"H-hey! G-Get off me!!"

"No way, Kuma-kun!"

"The heck's wrong with you, you idiot!?"

"At least I'm the cutest idiot you saw"

"S-shut up" Subaru looked away, blusing from embarrassment.

'I missed teasing him'

'How about Ayato?'

'Huh? Who're you?"

'Your sexy consciousness'

'Pfft! I still love Ayato!'

'Fine. Then what do you think of Subaru?'

'My best-est friend in the whole wide world!'

'Okay'

The conversation between me and me ended and Subaru was still blushing. I let go of him and I saw him holding a necklace.

"Who's necklace is that?" I asked.

"Krista's"

"Oh! It's your mom's necklace!"

"And I dunno why that F*cktard asked for this"

"You mean?"

"Karl Heinz" I fell silent and I felt something warm on my cheek.

"Hey! Stop crying!!"

"Huh?"

"Don't 'huh' me, Rie!"

"Father lied to me. He told me he'd tell me the truth but he never did"

"Father?"

"Karl Heinz"

"Why do you call that f*cktard your father?"

"Because he told me that I should practice calling him that. Cause after Ayato and I are married, he's technically my father-in-law" His eyes widened.

"My dear Subaru" We heard the 'oh so' familiar voice.

"Did you bring it?" He asked and Subaru threw the necklace to Father which he caught easily.

"It's complete" He said.

Then he motioned Subaru and i to come with him. We were led to a room where a mannequin stood. It had a long-black-wig tied up with Beatrix's pony tail, Cordelia's dress and he put Krista's necklace around the mannequin's neck.

"The outfit's complete" Father smiled.

"This'll be the Eve's dress"

"Eve?"

"Yes, my dear Rie. And you are one of the candidates"

"Who's the other?"

"None other than your cousin, Yui Komori" Fathet smiled.

"Subaru, take Rie home with you. And Rie, take care of Yui" He ordered but just then, a question came out of my mouth.

"If there's an eve, there's an adam, right?"

"Absolutely"

"Who are the candidates?"

"Shu, Ayato, and Subaru. For all of them are my first children from different mothers" He replied and Subaru looked somewhat, angry.

"Let's go Rie" he gripped my hand tightly as we walked out of the room.

A good thing my suitcase was in the living room. We went to the limo and headed to the mansion after I got my suitcase. But even though an hour has passed, One question lingered in my mind.

'What exactly is an Adam and Eve?'