Chapter 14: Change

Rie P.O.V

I woke up in a slightly different room.

'Oh yeah.. I'm in the castle' I said to myself.

I fixed my bed and put on a green spaghetti top with black shorts. I tied my hair in a bun and I wore my slippers as I got out of the room rather, my new room.

"Good morning, miss Takanashi" A maid greeted me.

"Umm.. Morning to you too, Gracie" I greeted back.

"Breakfast will be served shortly so please be in the dining room in 10 minutes. I'll be taking my leave now" She said and continued to do her daily routine.

"Feels like a deja vu" I muttered to myself.

I was on my way to the dining room when I spot a familiar blonde and ravenette. I took a closer look and found, Shu and Reiji.

'What are they doing here?!' I ask myself.

"How annoying...I'd rather be sleeping right now"

"Damn lazy deadbeat"

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzz"

"Urgh!"

I saw their exchange and Karl He- I mean father appeared out of nowhere.

"Good. Did you bring an object of Beatrix's?"

"Yes, Karl Heinz" Reiji then gave a ponytail.

Thinking of what I should do, I went down and greeted them.

"Good morning, Father"

"Good morning, daughter"

"Good morning, Rei-kun and Myu-kun"

"Morning, Rie"

"Zzzzzzz"

I can tell that they were surprised of my prescence.

"So, Father"

"Yes?"

"What is the meaning of this?"

"None of your business"

"I demand to know. You promised to tell me the truth, no matter what" I said in a stern tone.

"Fine. This thing will help you in you training" he said.

"Reiji and Shu, you may now take your leave" He said and surprisingly, Shu woke up and head back home with Reiji.

"Regarding my traini-"

"Breakfast is served" a butler said out loud.

We then ate at the dining room. After an hour, we started my training, ignoring my question that has yet to be answered.

"No, Do it the other way! Bend your knees and deepen your control!" The king of vampires scolded me.

"I'm doing my best!" I shout out in frustration.

I was on the verge of breaking his bones in my anger but I had to restrain myself in doing so. This guy knows more than anyone else so, I can't just dispose of him until he has been very useful to me.

I locked my fists in tight as I gritted my teeth, preparing for a powerful strike. I move forward, doing my stance. Deep breaths in, and aimed at my target.

'It'll be bullseye this time!' I said to myself as I release my shot.

In the color of blue and white, it's speed was no match. In a second, the target was burnt to ashes.

"Amazing! Well done, Rie" Father patted my back.

"Thank you" I said as I gave a little bow.

"No need for such formalities. We are going to be a family when you and Ayato get married" He smiled eaening himself a blush from me.

'Damn how straight this person is!' I made a mental note to not blush again afterwards.

~Night time, School Time~

Rie P.O.V

I walked to my classroom and saw Ayato, Kanato and Yui. In my surprise, my body moved on its own as it tackled the three of them into a hug.

"Training was hard today but I finally saw your faces! I feel so happy" I said as I had tears in my eyes.

"Oi! You're squishing us Riri!!"

"Rie, please get off me. Teddy's being squished"

"R-Rie-chan! I-I can't b-brea-breathe"

They all said simultaneously before I let go of them.

"You've gotten stronger, Rie-chan"

"Why do you say so, Yui?"

"I couldn't breathe well when you hugged me"

"But it has just been a day of training"

"JUST A DAY?!" Yui exclaimed in shock.

Then, Reiji came inside the room, eccusing the four of us.

"Well as you see, an exceed is a fast learner. Not only a fast learner but also a quick thinker, and a very polite person" Reiji explained.

"..and if an exceed has been under the influence of a vampire, all of its fields are easier to improve and access" he continued.

"So that's why, when Rie-chan hugged me, I had a hard time to breathe" Yui said in a tone of realization.

"Well there are more changes to occur. Right, Teddy?" Kanato said petting teddy's head.

"Well Riri is going to go through a lot of change" Ayato said.

Those words were the last words I heard before I probably passed out.