Ch. 6

Britton's POV

So last night was a lot of fun. Fun? Really? Last night was spectacular. Beyond amazing.I really don't have many words. It was just fantastic. Not just because Michael can really throw an amazing party, but also because Cameron kissed me. Butterflies swarm my stomach just thinking about it.

My feet are up on the dashboard of Courtney's jeep, and my hair is blowing in the wind. Its noon, and Court's driving me home.

"So since you knocked out right when we got home last night...did you have a good time last night?'" Courtney asks with a smirk.

Did I have fun? I think to myself in a sarcastic tone. "Of course I did!" I exclaim. We both start laughing as we pull into my driveway. There's an unusual blue Mustang here, that I've never seen before. Courtney looks at me confused and gets out of the car with me to see who's here. Walking in the door I see a skinny, somewhat muscular, brown haired guy.

He turns around and says,"Oh hi, Britton!"

Oh my gosh its Vic! "Oh my go- AH! Hey!" Vic runs over and gives me a tight hug. Vic is Zach's brother and I haven't seen him in such a long time.

"How are you doing?" I ask, grabbing his hand and sitting down.

"I'm doing great! How about you?" he asks giving me that oh so charming smile.

"I'm doing really well, actually!" Vic releases my hand when we hear a knock on the door. "Court can you get that?" Courtney walks over and opens the door. Cameron's here. Why are so many people deciding to visit me today? I get up and run over to Cameron giving him a hug. When I turn back around Vic has an awkward look on his face. Grabbing Cameron's hand, we walk over to the futon and sit down.

"So Vic...are you liking Poway as much as we do?" Cameron asks breaking the silence.

"Yeah..its cool, I guess," he says being short with him. Is there something between them I don't know about? "Uhm, hey Britt, can I talk to you alone for a few minutes?" Vic asks in such a soft voice, that I barely heard him.

"Yeah, of course," I say, getting up and walking out to the back patio, "we can talk out here."

Vic follows right behind me. I close the glass door and sit down next to him on the patio bench. He looks kind of upset or mad...I'm not really sure. He's fidgeting with a cup that was left on the table from who knows when. "So what do you want to talk about," I ask him, smiling. He gives me a small smile and leans in to me. Inches away from my face, he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. I could feel

his minty fresh breath tickle my cheek.